The influential economic theorist looks ahead to a world of virtually free energy and zero marginal cost production, and to a desperate race against climate change.
- The circular economy starts with the first meal of the day.
- The president of the Rockefeller Foundation discusses the best books for understanding and nurturing organizational resilience.
- A leading light of the corporate responsibility movement calls out a reading list for building a sustainable economy.
- Many corporations reduced their investments in sustainable initiatives during the recent recession — but some relatively high-performing firms actually increased their long-term commitment to CSR.
- A new book describes how Israel has relied on technology and smart incentives to turn a water deficit into a liquid surplus. Can California and other arid areas learn the same lessons?
- Use your purchasing power for good.
- Coca-Cola’s Derk Hendriksen says his company wants to lead the way in positively affecting communities and empowering women entrepreneurs.
- “Brand sacrifice” means companies, not consumers, feel the pain.
- The eminent — and controversial — economist offers a set of cures for the ills of global poverty. It’s not clear the medicine works.
- Addressing climate change with a sense of urgency isn’t a matter of morality, two economists argue. It’s about managing risk.
- How to build trust by letting consumers know everything about your enterprise.
- In Citizen Coke, Bartow Elmore serves up a snarky environmental history of Coca-Cola Company.
- Tomorrow’s Bottom Line
- John Elkington and Jochen Zeitz’s new book proposes how to achieve the triple bottom line of planet, people, and profits.
- The former entrepreneur analyzes the leadership skills that new companies need for long-term success.
- Companies that rely on traditional project management methods could be getting an incomplete picture of their own vulnerabilities and opportunities.
- The former BP policy development manager and U.N. business and human rights advisor on the nuances of promoting social responsibility and sustainability within companies.