- As growing numbers of women enter the economic mainstream, they will have a profound effect on global business.
- Mobile phones may increase workers’ productivity, but they have not, as many people feared they would, blurred the boundaries between work and home.April 23, 2010
- Mobile phone operators are turning to LTE as the fourth-generation technology to provide inexpensive wireless broadband access for cost-conscious consumers and businesses.March 31, 2009 by Edward H. Baker
- The most valuable management principles and practices often started as countercultural — and many continue to be. In this Webinar, Art Kleiner will discuss the nature of corporations and the role of the heretics — the people who raise difficult questions on behalf of the organizations they work for. These days, with conventional wisdom failing, heretics are needed more than ever.February 24, 2009 by Art Kleiner
- February 24, 2009 by Art Kleiner
- A heightened level of access to Taiwan from mainland China means new opportunities for foreign investors.December 9, 2008 by Sheridan Prasso
- On sleep-deprived teams, postmerger executives, an unreformed industry, and unanticipated turnover.
- Executives must be aware of the ownership and governance structure of companies they are considering partnering with in foreign markets.May 15, 2008
- Corporate governance expert Nell Minow explains the relationship between outlandish severance packages and the risky financial instruments linked to subprime mortgages.February 19, 2008 by William J. Holstein
- A strong, competitive telecom market plays a crucial role in promoting a country's overall economic development -- but the government must first institute intelligent regulatory policies and practices.
- Service industries -- including financial services, health care, utilities, and telecom -- have access to vast consumer data, but lack the tools that most consumer goods companies use to understand customer behavior.
- High-multiple acquisition targets can be the best bargains.March 13, 2007 by Justin Pettit
- Just when the need for excess cash has decreased, companies are hoarding capital instead of putting it to good use.February 28, 2007 by Justin Pettit
- As the turbulent global services industry matures, a highly skilled cadre of master providers and customers is emerging.
- Heterogeneous management teams give corporations a performance edge, but without the right incentives and leadership style, diversity can be a hindrance.
- The most attractive new form of Internet telephony is also the most threatening to corporate security — for now.August 26, 2005 by Gordon Cook
- The most attractive new form of Internet telephony is also the most threatening to corporate security — for now.June 29, 2005 by Gordon Cook
- Digital terrestrial television uses analog technology to deliver digital programming — and may soon affect everything from home entertainment to mobile communications.March 1, 2005 by Luigi Pugliese
- A 50-company survey shows that executives expect innovation initiatives to deliver 20 to 30 percent improvements in customer value, product cost, and quality in only two years.
- Telecom carriers worldwide are poised to conquer the fast-growing mobile data market. But success requires a new business model.
- From the ashes of an overbuilt industry rises a promising new marketplace: business-to-employee communications.
- In the post-911 world, companies are faced with the challenge of simultaneously promoting openness and protecting the firm. To achieve this goal, senior executives must understand one fundamental principle: Security and strategy are interdependent.
- E-Government can be as simple as renewing driver's licenses online, as complex as supporting the growth of high-tech industries. Around the globe, e-Government is changing how public agencies serve citizens.April 16, 2001 by Van Wallach
All articles tagged: telecommunications
|< Prev||Page 1 2 3||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes