- Nicholas Carr, author of The Glass Cage: Automation and Us, introduces a lesson in generating deeper insights from The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload, by Daniel J. Levitin.
- Barry Nalebuff, coauthor of Co-opetition, introduces a passage on when to—and when not to—believe what others say, from The Power of Noticing, by Max Bazerman.September 22, 2014 by Barry Nalebuff
- This four-part approach can help outpatient clinics treat more patients with the same facility and staff.
- If it expects to keep growing, the industry must adopt a digital mind-set.
- Check out this new interactive graphic to see if your profession will soon become automated.May 29, 2014 by Charity Delich
- How to shift your business model with M&A integration.May 26, 2014 by Gregg Nahass
- Hiring employees with greater qualifications than you need may seem like a bargain, but it carries real risks.March 24, 2014 by James O'Toole
- A new wave of software innovation is about to transform industry — and give the United States the chance for a lasting edge. See also America’s Manufacturing Advantage — In Pictures.
- How same-day delivery, 3D printing, and autonomous vehicles will affect the sector.January 15, 2014 by Andrew Schmahl
- Digitization will enhance the customer experience, and can save banks up to 30 percent.September 9, 2013 by Laura W. Geller
- The modernized grid should revolutionize the way electricity is distributed and used, but its potential hasn’t yet been realized.
- The disruptive influences of e-commerce may finally be setting their sites on the grocery industry.
- A closer look reveals that some unstructured data lends itself to insightful analysis.July 26, 2013 by David Meer
- George Dyson, author of Turing’s Cathedral: The Origins of the Digital Universe, introduces a passage arguing for a more equitable distribution of the wealth created on the Internet from Who Owns the Future? by Jaron Lanier.June 28, 2013
- The obstacles to adoption are significant, but driverless technology now in development could transform long-haul trucking.May 28, 2013 by Peter Conway
- A review of Why Good People Can’t Get Jobs: The Skills Gap and What Companies Can Do about It, by Peter Cappelli.February 26, 2013 by Andrea Gabor
- “Big data” can drive competitive advantage if companies follow a few timeless principles.February 26, 2013 by David Meer
- Joe Flower, author of Healthcare beyond Reform: Doing It Right for Half the Cost, introduces a passage describing how automation can improve healthcare outcomes and reduce costs from Automate This: How Algorithms Came to Rule Our World, by Christopher Steiner.November 30, 2012
- A review of Turing’s Cathedral, by George Dyson.August 28, 2012 by Mark Stahlman
- Entrepreneur Jim McCarthy on why online innovations succeed — or fail.August 28, 2012 by Laura W. Geller
- Effectively managing service operations is crucial to controlling labor costs and improving customer satisfaction. By addressing six drivers of performance, executives can go a step further — turning their service operations into a key source of competitive advantage.
- His inventions from 50 years ago enabled cell phones, laptops, and flat-screen TVs. Now, at age 88, he’s aiming to make solar power cheaper than coal.February 22, 2011 by Lawrence M. Fisher
- How a capabilities-driven information technology strategy can help differentiate your company.
- Which manufacturing operations should return to the United States?January 25, 2010 by William J. Holstein
- In tough times, this venerable mail and documents company boosted not only its R&D spending but the creativity of its approach.October 26, 2009 by David Dobson
All articles tagged: automation
|< Prev||Page 1 2 3 4 5||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes
Videos, Galleries, & More