Our annual review of the year’s best business books. See also Best Business Books 2014—in Pictures.
- Our annual review of the year’s best business books. See also Best Business Books 2014—in Pictures.November 3, 2014 by Theodore Kinni
- The founding editor of strategy+business argues that the United States is about to launch an epic new wave of growth.October 13, 2014 by Art Kleiner
- Eight principles for succeeding in markets prone to ethical and legal risks.
- Soccer, says Ignacio Palacios-Huerta, is a perfect laboratory for testing economic theory.July 24, 2014 by Theodore Kinni
- What are the paths to economic growth for today’s emerging markets?July 8, 2014 by John Jullens
- Economist Don Thompson says a product’s value can rise if it’s accompanied by a compelling backstory, reputation, or buying experience.July 1, 2014 by Theodore Kinni
- Learning what other companies did to acquire firms in developing economies may help U.S. companies be more successful in their own M&A efforts.June 9, 2014 by Matt Palmquist
- The emergence of new technologies could convince physicians and insurers that patient-specific healthcare is here to stay.
- In The Son Also Rises, UC Davis economic historian Gregory Clark tracks surnames over hundreds of years to better understand social mobility.
May 21, 2014 by Theodore Kinni
- Les Leopold, author of How to Make a Million Dollars an Hour: Why Hedge Funds Get Away with Siphoning Off America’s Wealth, introduces a passage on the debilitating effects of mass firings from Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t, by Simon Sinek.May 19, 2014
- The former BP policy development manager and U.N. business and human rights advisor on the nuances of promoting social responsibility and sustainability within companies.May 19, 2014 by Theodore Kinni
- A new study explains what’s holding them back, and how they can move forward.May 6, 2014 by Laura W. Geller
- After reading the International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, it’s hard to see how Russia will benefit from hosting the Winter Olympics.February 19, 2014 by Theodore Kinni
- A personality-driven history of economic forecasting by business historian Walter Friedman points up the limitations of the prediction business, then and now.February 11, 2014 by George S. Oldfield
- A review of Mass Flourishing: How Grassroots Innovation Created Jobs, Challenge, and Change, by Edmund Phelps.February 11, 2014 by Marc Levinson
- If the authors of Does Capitalism Have a Future? are right, this year’s WEF attendees should take a hard look at business as usual.January 22, 2014 by Theodore Kinni
- The economist explains how financial crises spread like a disease and what companies can do to immunize themselves.January 20, 2014 by Frieda Klotz
- According to scholar Maurizio Viroli, leaders cited The Prince as a rationale for unethical behavior for far too long. Accomplish something great instead.November 20, 2013 by Theodore Kinni
- Companies that link complementary partners, like dating sites or online auctions, can dominate for years or be swept away in an instant.November 12, 2013 by Dylan Minor
- To U.C. Berkeley's long-standing strategy thinker, companies gain an edge only when they evolve in ways no one else can match.November 11, 2013 by Art Kleiner
- When you apply simplistic solutions to complex challenges, you miss out on bigger opportunities.October 11, 2013 by Sally Helgesen
- Businesses must ask themselves what impact they can make on society as social and economic climates change around the world.September 20, 2013 by Eric J. McNulty
- Nobel Prize–winning economist Edmund Phelps argues that innovation and the prosperity it engenders are a function of our values.September 17, 2013 by Theodore Kinni
- Given different socioeconomic conditions, certain regions of the country may be more conducive to innovation than others.September 13, 2013 by Matt Palmquist
All articles tagged: economics
|< Prev||Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 …||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes