- Analysis of informal networks offers a potent leadership model for the C-suite: Make top teams the hub of the enterprise, and watch performance improve.
- May 29, 2012 by Ken FavaroWhat is a business strategy? It is the result of choices made to maximize long-term value.
- May 29, 2012 by Art KleinerThe influential business author and CEO explains why the practice of enlightened self-governance gives companies an edge.
- May 29, 2012 by Steven LevyA review of The Idea Factory, by Jon Gertner.
- May 4, 2012Retention of key managers improves performance after new bonds are formed.
- April 27, 2012 by Ken FavaroBusiness strategy is best distinguished from corporate strategy by the different perspectives that business leaders and strategic planners must bring to bear.
- December 2, 2011Paul Leinwand, coauthor, with Cesare Mainardi, of The Essential Advantage: How to Win with a Capabilities-Driven Strategy, introduces a guiding maxim for CSR success from Winning Investors Over: Surprising Truths about Honesty, Earnings Guidance, and Other Ways to Boost Your Stock Price, by Baruch Lev.
- November 11, 2011Skilled foreign employees help firms sell abroad.
- September 30, 2011Sally Helgesen, coauthor of The Female Vision: Women’s Real Power at Work, introduces a case study in hiring and retaining female talent from Winning the War for Talent in Emerging Markets: Why Women Are the Solution, by Sylvia Ann Hewlett and Ripa Rashid.
- May 24, 2011 by Rutger von PostThe methods used by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver to promote health in a West Virginia city can also be used to raise organizational performance.
- April 1, 2011Improvements in efficiency and quality vary with a team’s tasks and location, as well as with the access its members have to institutional databases.
- February 22, 2011 by Perry BuffettConvincing senior management colleagues to follow your lead requires a blend of skills that add up to influential competence.
- The secret to profitability on the Internet has finally arrived in an innovative blend of social media, Web mobility, and creative e-commerce applications.
- Five factors make the greatest difference in fostering the new behaviors needed for a transformation. All of them reflect the basic importance of people in implementing and embedding change.
- To create growth in uncertain times, use this disciplined and market-focused methodology. It can help you discover and distill attractive new ideas and build a business case for implementing the best of them.
- November 23, 2010 by David K. HurstThe Chorus Takes a Bow
- November 23, 2010 by Cesare MainardiBusiness strategy is at an evolutionary crossroads. It’s time to resolve the long-standing tension between the inherent identity of your organization and the fleeting nature of your competitive advantage.
- When consumers are overwhelmed with options, marketers should give them what they really want: ways of shopping that lower the cognitive stress.
- Francois Nader, CEO of NPS Pharmaceuticals, describes how a new model for biotech brought his company back from the brink.
- November 1, 2010 by Jon KatzenbachBoth big business and big government should shift their management cultures from compromise to integration.
- October 29, 2010Regina E. Herzlinger, author of Who Killed Health Care? America’s $2 Trillion Medical Problem — and the Consumer-Driven Cure, introduces a passage on how businesses can lower healthcare costs and improve employee health from The Company That Solved Health Care: How Serigraph Dramatically Reduced Skyrocketing Costs While Providing Better Care, and How Every Company Can Do the Same, by John Torinus Jr.
- September 2, 2010Jon R. Katzenbach, coauthor of Leading Outside the Lines: How to Mobilize the (in)Formal Organization, Energize Your Team, and Get Better Results, introduces a passage on the importance of self-awareness from Good Boss, Bad Boss: How to Be the Best…and Learn from the Worst, by Robert I. Sutton.
- August 24, 2010 by Matt PalmquistPerformance-based compensation plans can appeal to both employees and employers, but for different reasons.
- May 25, 2010 by David K. HurstA review of The Curse of the Mogul, by Jonathan A. Knee, Bruce C. Greenwald, and Ava Seave.
- March 15, 2010 by Art KleinerManaging author Henry Mintzberg believes that to improve business schools, we must first understand the essence of what managers do.
All articles tagged: experts
|< Prev||Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8||Next >|
More PwC insights
Four fault lines show a fracturing among global consumers.