- Discoveries in materials science could lead to a new era of growth. Who is best positioned to benefit — incumbent companies or upstarts?
- Financial engineering won’t fix a stagnant valuation.May 9, 2017 by Ken Favaro
- Activist groups’ ideological stance, as well as a company’s own characteristics, shape the types of strategies used to effect change.January 26, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- A large proportion of shareholder proposals contested by firms receive support from other investors when put to a vote.July 28, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Mature food companies need to use aggressive cost reduction, portfolio simplification, and substantially new approaches to growth to deliver competitive returns.
- A new book describes how waves of shareholder activism have been altering the corporate landscape for nearly a century.March 11, 2016 by Jill Priluck
- Two leaders of an Australian fund explain how they challenged deceptive messages about investment capability, and raised the game of the companies they work with.
- Outside investors have their megaphones. But insiders have a more powerful tool for creating value: deep knowledge of their business and customers.
All articles tagged: activist investor
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes