- Efforts to dismantle cross-held shares and improve board oversight are succeeding amid heightened interest from private equity and activist investors.
- Discoveries in materials science could lead to a new era of growth. Who is best positioned to benefit — incumbent companies or upstarts?
- May 9, 2017 by Ken FavaroFinancial engineering won’t fix a stagnant valuation.
- January 26, 2017 by Matt PalmquistActivist groups’ ideological stance, as well as a company’s own characteristics, shape the types of strategies used to effect change.
- July 28, 2016 by Matt PalmquistA large proportion of shareholder proposals contested by firms receive support from other investors when put to a vote.
- Mature food companies need to use aggressive cost reduction, portfolio simplification, and substantially new approaches to growth to deliver competitive returns.
- March 11, 2016 by Jill PriluckA new book describes how waves of shareholder activism have been altering the corporate landscape for nearly a century.
- Two leaders of an Australian fund explain how they challenged deceptive messages about investment capability, and raised the game of the companies they work with.
- Outside investors have their megaphones. But insiders have a more powerful tool for creating value: deep knowledge of their business and customers.
All articles tagged: activist investor
More PwC insights
Bold insights for bold leaders. A new series that addresses the most urgent forces facing business leaders in 2021 — and beyond. Explore the series.