- Jean-Dominique Senard, the departing CEO of Michelin and incoming chair of Renault and of the Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi alliance, argues that the prevailing concept of corporate purpose needs an update.
- March 6, 2019 by Daniel GrossLinamar is evolving from an automotive supplier into fields such as agricultural equipment and infrastructure. As CEO Linda Hasenfratz tells us, it’s all part of the 100-year plan.
- November 5, 2018 by Bethany McLeanAmerican Tales. See also Top Shelf Picks: Best Business Books 2018.
- August 23, 2018 by Daniel GrossInvesting in more efficient ways for consumers to use your core commodity as it faces disruptive competition can be a smart move.
- The interlinked platforms that make up Industry 4.0 represent a new kind of challenge for manufacturers and other technology-intensive companies. With four key business ecosystems, they can make this new world their own.
- April 4, 2018 by Bob WoodsToday’s CEO creates opportunity through innovation and customer awareness. Strong cultural values come from the top.
- The auto industry is making massive R&D investments in safety, connectivity, and autonomy — so far without good returns.
- May 2, 2017 by Daniel GrossIt’s easy to forget about the procyclicality of debt when basking in long upswings.
- March 7, 2017 by Chunka MuiGoogle vaulted from nowhere to grab the lead in driverless cars, but Waymo aims to win the race.
- The advent of autonomous vehicles may send the auto insurance industry over a cliff.
- November 15, 2016 by Daniel GrossEconomic narratives can change rapidly.
- As they adapt to the shifting geography of sales and technological disruption, the companies that provide auto parts, components, and systems must reevaluate their product portfolios.
- When it comes to the autonomous ride-hailing battle, no single player has all the capabilities necessary to succeed.
- October 26, 2016 by Daniel GrossThe electric vehicle and green energy industries show how rolling out innovations can be delayed in the face of time-consuming obstacles.
- July 26, 2016 by Chunka MuiStartup nuTonomy thinks that the island nation is the place to make autonomous vehicles — in the form of driverless taxis — a reality.
- July 18, 2016 by Alexander KandybinDon’t assume the new entrant in your market is a disruption. Learn to recognize different types of threats and design the best strategic response.
- June 15, 2016 by Barry JaruzelskiA new survey examines trends in R&D spending.
- October 26, 2015As the demand for connected car features increases, automakers could see an increase in revenue as high 204 percent over the next five years.
- A celebrated proprietor of R&D ateliers explains how companies can cultivate the rare people who create miracles.
- October 15, 2015 by Ann GrahamManagement guru Rosabeth Moss Kanter urges the private sector to invest in the U.S. transportation system.
All articles tagged: auto industry
More PwC insights
And what it will look like on the ground.