In 2014, Piyush Gupta, CEO of DBS Bank of Singapore, asked his staff to think like the employees of a fintech startup and build the digital capabilities they would need to succeed.
- Despite the continent's governance challenges, Standard Bank CEO Sim Tshabalala says Africa is open for business and ready to take advantage of rapid digitization.December 12, 2018 by Suvarchala Narayanan
- Two years ago, the Indian government abruptly wiped out most of the nation’s currency in hopes of ending black money and curbing corruption. Has the experiment worked?December 7, 2018 by Deepa Krishnan
- Three steps to creating a better operating model.
- A new book argues that the global financial crisis that began in 2008 would have been much worse without American financial innovation.July 25, 2018 by David J. Lynch
- A quick look at the challenges faced by location-independent freelancers, and the opportunities they present for organizations. For more insight, read “Designing a Future for the Untethered Workforce.”July 20, 2018
- The gig economy — and the growing group of digital nomads within it — requires a wider variety of new products and services than businesses and governments are currently prepared to deliver. See also “Digital Nomads."July 18, 2018 by Suvarchala Narayanan
- Valentin Stalf, chief executive of German financial-services startup N26, wants banking to be like music downloading.March 14, 2018 by Suvarchala Narayanan
- Freek Vermeulen explains why unhelpful practices go unnoticed and suggests how rooting them out can help innovation.February 5, 2018 by Jeremy Grant
- The Fed can’t meet its inflation target, companies routinely miss earnings guidance, and schools fail to increase test scores. So what’s an institution to do?July 5, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Banking’s greatest technological innovation offers timeless lessons in improving customer experience.
- Your strategy should turn customers into “cross-buyers” of your products and services.March 21, 2017 by Ken Favaro
- Ten tips to help you get your reorg right the first time. For more insight, read “10 Principles of Organization Design.”February 2, 2017
- Companies can increase profits in a low-growth environment by focusing on the right combination of segments.
- Why coherent institutions were the first to rebound after the financial crisis.
- The case for consolidation in U.S. retail and commercial banking.
- How incumbent banks can respond to the startups and other firms disrupting their industry.
- As they look to enhance digital capabilities through mergers and acquisitions, traditional companies have to heed a new set of dating rules.
- In his new book, Roger Lowenstein describes how financial crises and political tensions spurred the creation of the U.S.’s central bank.November 4, 2015 by Neil Irwin
- Platforms like Apple Pay and Google Wallet will need to ensure a seamless and secure experience for merchants and consumers.August 6, 2015 by Kevin Grieve
- Since its introduction in 2008, bitcoin has enjoyed a rapid and tumultuous rise. Is the digital currency built to last?June 30, 2015 by Michael Santoli
- In a new biography of the brothers who invented the airplane, David McCullough describes the frustrations and triumphs involved in getting aviation off the ground.June 17, 2015 by Theodore Kinni
- Developing countries need national strategies to protect their digital assets and bolster their economic growth.
- A high-profile Silicon Valley sex discrimination trial hinged in part on a thorny question: What is thought leadership?May 19, 2015 by Sally Helgesen
- The former CEO of the Girl Scouts has spent decades bringing professional management to nonprofits.May 11, 2015 by Sally Helgesen
All articles tagged: banking
|Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 …||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes