The company that owns AOL and Yahoo is investing in content, software, and better online user experiences for marketers and consumers.
- When you know the probabilities of future events, including your own processes, you can hedge their risks in more strategic ways.May 9, 2018 by John Sviokla
- Carnegie Mellon professor Taya Cohen explains the connection between moral character and workplace performance.January 29, 2018 by Laura W. Geller
- How I liberated myself from points and why it matters to your company.January 25, 2018 by Eric J. McNulty
- Regardless of their job title, leaders need to be able to connect new technologies to strategy.
- In the era of social media and big data, maintaining consumer relationships is a lot trickier than it used to be.November 27, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- Artificial intelligence may learn to track predispositions and personality traits, turning our inner personalities into a detectible second skin.October 16, 2017 by Art Kleiner
- The law professor who brought behavioral science into public policy believes that with a little intervention, we can all have the freedom to choose wisely.June 7, 2017 by Sally Helgesen
- As the conceptual side of computer science becomes practical and relevant to business, companies must decide what type of AI role they should play.May 10, 2017 by Anand Rao
- Shelly Palmer, one of the world's leading digital-technology commentators, talks about the evolution of the entertainment and media industry.
- Why we should stop being surprised that events surprise us.January 26, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- How the science of big data analytics can contribute to the art of producing movie and TV content.
- Author Tim Wu argues that the Internet’s descent into clickbait and trivia is only the latest chapter in a long history of advertisers grabbing our attention.January 18, 2017 by Edward H. Baker
- Technologies often spawn metaphors, which change over time and shape how we think about work.November 21, 2016 by Eric J. McNulty
- Big Marketing Gets PersonalOctober 31, 2016 by Catharine P. Taylor
- Number crunching can be valuable for firms exploiting their existing resources, but can backfire for companies seeking to branch out with new products or services.July 7, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Global businesses are about to integrate their operations into a seamless digital whole, and thereby change the world.
- A new segmentation strategy can help sales teams identify their growth hot spots.
- Companies can maximize their investments in Web analytics if they focus tightly on priorities, layer human intelligence on top of smart technology, and enlist senior management to lead the charge.January 14, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- A leading business–university partnership is setting standards for graduates fluent in data science and analytics.January 5, 2016 by David Meer
- Marketers can use big data to improve their strategic efforts.September 21, 2015 by Colin Strong
- Companies are using advanced data analytics to focus on a range of new business problems, and have found there are several keys to success in using big data. For more related insights, read “Overcoming Big Data’s Challenges.”August 5, 2015
- Companies that have the most success leveraging big data are getting three things right: talent, technology, and culture. For more related insights, watch “SoundBite: Why Does Big Data Matter?”August 3, 2015 by David Meer
All articles tagged: big data
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Christopher Vollmer and Daniel Gross
- by Norbert Schwieters and Bob Moritz
- by Deborah Unger