- Lessons from the past may be the only available guide for navigating the present and future, but CEOs need to take them with a grain of salt.
- March 19, 2019 by Theodore KinniWhat the business world can learn about career success and longevity from rock virtuoso Jeff Beck.
- April 9, 2018 by James SurowieckiIn her book on inventive genius, Melissa Schilling delves into the personality traits that lead to breakthroughs. See also “Summer Reading: 8 Business Books – in Pictures”
- June 12, 2017 by John K. CoylePaul Leinwand, coauthor of Strategy That Works, introduces a counterintuitive lesson in how to achieve breakthrough performance in your organization from Olympic medalist John K. Coyle.
- November 21, 2016 by Tim LaseterYou can identify early signs of failure or success from a prospective CEO’s behavior.
- October 31, 2016 by Bethany McLeanTurning Dreams into Reality
- June 17, 2015 by Theodore KinniIn a new biography of the brothers who invented the airplane, David McCullough describes the frustrations and triumphs involved in getting aviation off the ground.
- March 11, 2015 by Theodore KinniIn his new book, Lawrence A. Cunningham says that Berkshire Hathaway’s corporate culture will enable it to survive without Warren Buffett.
- January 28, 2015 by Marc LevinsonWalter Isaacson, CEO of the Aspen Institute and author of Steve Jobs, plumbs the history of digitization to get to the roots of successful innovation.
- Apple is buying the electronic company’s expertise in human-centered design, not its market share.
- August 1, 2014 by Michael SchrageMichael Schrage reviews two notable books by veteran Silicon Valley journalists that seek to explain collaborative charisma.
- July 23, 2014 by Eric J. McNultyYour summer vacation is the perfect time to relax, lie back, take in some sun, and learn something new about leadership.
- December 18, 2013 by Theodore KinniA new biography of Apple design chief Jony Ive offers valuable lessons to leaders seeking to develop strategic capabilities.
- December 2, 2013 by Theodore KinniOur annual review of the year’s best business books. See also Best Business Books 2013—in Pictures.
- July 10, 2013 by Theodore KinniDavid Farber’s seminal bio of John J. Raskob sets the business context for The Great Gatsby.
- November 27, 2012 by Theodore KinniOur annual review of the year’s best business books.
- November 27, 2012
- November 27, 2012 by Alice SchroederVirtuosity Squared
- November 16, 2012Viewers see them as more persuasive than company-made commercials.
- July 16, 2012 by Barbara KellermanA review of The End, by Ian Kershaw.
- May 29, 2012 by Jon KatzenbachLeaders can learn a lot from the late Apple CEO, but not all of it should be emulated.
- December 23, 2011Starting out in a recession scales down the scope of success.
- November 22, 2011 by Barbara KellermanLearning to Lead the Old-Fashioned Way
- November 21, 2011strategy+business published its first “Best Business Books” section in Winter 2001. Here, in retrospect, is the book from each year that we think was most significant.
- August 23, 2011 by Rob NortonThe renowned author discusses how the great economists uncovered the basic truth about progress, prosperity, and productivity, and the reasons you should be careful which ideas you listen to.
All articles tagged: biographies
|Page 1 2 3||Next >|
- 1.Create a virtual watercooler to spark innovative problem-solving
- 2.How the need for secure supply chains is propelling blockchain
- 3.The secret recipe for organizational culture is no recipe
- 4.Aneeta Rattan confronts bias in the workplace
- 5.How organizations can design for agility and embrace uncertainty
More PwC insights
Four fault lines show a fracturing among global consumers.