- A half-century ago, it was a fresh idea. But the phrase has lost its relevance and impact.
- November 5, 2019Writers at strategy+business pick the year’s best books in seven categories.
- November 5, 2019 by Daniel GrossIn the 19th edition of strategy+business's Best Business Books section, our writers identify the three most compelling reads in seven genres.
- August 1, 2019 by Daniel AkstHerman Melville’s short story Bartleby, the Scrivener provides lessons on how to deal with troubled colleagues.
- May 16, 2019 by Daniel AkstThe author of Robinson Crusoe, who dealt with ups and downs as an entrepreneur, also penned one of history’s most useful business manuals.
- April 8, 2019 by Daniel AkstThe brilliant poet Wallace Stevens spent his career in the insurance industry. To what extent did these two aspects of his life nourish one another?
- March 7, 2019 by Daniel AkstA 1908 novel about the fate of two sisters in Victorian England has a great deal to teach us about the challenges women face in the business world.
- February 11, 2019 by Daniel AkstThe Financier, an overlooked 1912 volume by iconic novelist Theodore Dreiser, has a great deal to teach businesspeople about hubris, adversity, and redemption.
- January 14, 2019 by Daniel AkstWe can learn valuable lessons from the transcendentalist writer’s forays into the family pencil business.
- November 5, 2018Writers at strategy+business pick the year’s best books in seven categories.
- November 5, 2018 by Catharine P. TaylorMarketing Is Dead! Long Live Marketing! See also Top Shelf Picks: Best Business Books 2018.
- November 5, 2018 by David LancefieldMaking the Leap. See also Top Shelf Picks: Best Business Books 2018.
- November 5, 2018 by Daniel GrossIn the 18th edition of strategy+business's Best Business Books section, our writers identify the three most compelling reads in seven genres. See also Top Shelf Picks: Best Business Books 2018.
- October 12, 2018 by Art KleinerThe entrepreneurial credo at the heart of Stewart Brand’s underground publication has shaped our world.
- June 26, 2018 by Mark GimeinIn their new book, Eric A. Posner and E. Glen Weyl argue that rethinking the ownership of assets can lead to greater economic efficiency and equality. See also “Summer Reading: 8 Business Books – in Pictures”
- January 30, 2018 by James SurowieckiIn his magisterial new biography of the ultimate Renaissance man, Walter Isaacson provides important insights into the nature of creativity and innovation. See also “Summer Reading: 8 Business Books – in Pictures”
- June 21, 2017 by Jill PriluckIn a new memoir, Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck recalls her career and her evolution into an entrepreneur and advocate for women in the workplace.
- April 17, 2017 by Theodore KinniAuthor Kim Scott argues that managers who care personally and challenge their team directly can improve results.
- May 26, 2016 by Theodore KinniThe legendary management guru believes burying your nose in a book can be the most effective strategy for succeeding in business.
- April 18, 2016 by Susan CrammIn his new book, Charles Duhigg demonstrates that making the right choices is the key to boosting personal productivity.
All articles tagged: business literature
Saving to your library.
The item has been saved. Click here to access your saved items, or click the “X” to go back to the article.
There was an error