In the era of social media and big data, maintaining consumer relationships is a lot trickier than it used to be.
- Steady ProgressNovember 7, 2017 by Catharine P. Taylor
- The Platform CompetitionNovember 7, 2017 by James Surowiecki
- As Amazon and Walmart disrupt the grocery industry, smart retailers can compete by plying their wares in a technologically enabled way.
- The author of Hooked recommends four books for the leaders of consumer companies seeking to create habit-forming products and services.March 8, 2017 by Theodore Kinni
- Traditional marketing tends toward rigidity and long-range planning, but firms must break out of this framework to exploit unexpected, one-off events.February 23, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- INSEAD’s David Dubois on how companies and their customers communicate in the digital age.February 20, 2017 by Shellie Karabell
- Being recognized as an international brand is usually a decided competitive advantage. But some markets and certain consumers prefer local firms.October 20, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Companies can turn consumers into active online volunteers who offer consistently valuable input on existing and yet-to-be-designed products.March 24, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- The next generation of cybersecurity prevents attacks by monitoring online behavior — of intruders, customers, and everyone else. See also “How to Use Cybersecurity to Gain a Competitive Advantage.”
- Companies rolling out social media marketing campaigns should keep their messages casual and general.February 25, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
All articles tagged: consumer insights
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Barry Jaruzelski, Volker Staack, and Robert Chwalik
- by Colm Kelly and Blair Sheppard
- by Vinay Couto, Deniz Caglar, and John Plansky