- CEO Steve Hare on the ways in which one of the U.K.’s biggest software companies uses flexibility and empathy to help both employees and customers through hard times.
- January 7, 2021 by Eric J. McNultyAfter being bombarded with disruption in 2020, executives can better prepare for the next crisis by considering new perspectives.
- December 21, 2020Running a company in a pandemic-impacted world, the trouble with “managers,” and more of the most read stories this year.
- November 30, 2020 by Ben LyttletonWhat we can learn from athletes performing in empty stadiums.
- The prospect of a return to a more normal world in 2021 should spur leaders to learn the lessons of 2020.
- November 5, 2020 by Deborah UngerJeroen Drost, CEO of SHV Holdings, one of the Netherlands’ largest family-owned businesses, explains how values and a mixed portfolio tip the balance toward optimism.
- The trials of 2020 have thrust human resources into the spotlight. The HR leaders who have shined know how to help their companies thrive.
- Asking the right questions today will allow leaders to be better prepared for — and even gain insights from — uncertainty.
- August 5, 2020 by Adam BryantWith so many employees working remotely, leaders must take extra care to ensure their communications leave no room for misinterpretation.
- June 17, 2020 by Adam BryantGetting better at prioritizing, innovating, and leading with humanity.
- On World Environment Day, we look at six ways businesses can help avert rapid nature loss and tackle climate change.
- May 1, 2020 by Ben LyttletonA lack of professional sporting competitions is affecting fans, reshaping both their behavior and their relationship with teams.
- As the world comes to grips with the effects of COVID-19, businesses can focus on six areas in order to help both their people and their bottom line.
- April 7, 2020 by Adam BryantHow to help keep your employees focused, rather than spinning.
- March 31, 2020 by Eric J. McNultyKeeping your organization running during a crisis, like coronavirus, that persists over months requires planning, clear communication, and empathy.
- In the face of a global crisis, well-prepared businesses can help protect their workers and their bottom lines.
- July 29, 2019 by Eric J. McNultyGround yourself in your organization’s values, principles, and strategy when considering a sharp turn.
- Growing into a meta-leader gives you the tools to skillfully manage any situation.
- March 28, 2019 by Bruce CravenPaying attention to your values and persuasion style can help you avoid getting beheaded or stabbed to death.
- December 11, 2018 by Julia HobsbawmScaled-up, spontaneous networks can help solve tough problems when people come together.
- Typical crisis planning focuses on specific potential shocks. But how do you prepare for an unforeseen “asymmetric” threat — one that comes out of nowhere, with no rule book to follow?
- November 2, 2017 by Marissa MichelWithout strategic guidance, corporate crisis response efforts may not be sustainable.
All articles tagged: crisis response
Recommended by Strategy&
Take this short survey to shed light on the leadership characteristics that will propel your organization to success.