For established firms, acquiring a digital startup comes with promise and pitfalls.
- Pursuit of innovation is crucial in the competitive global market.April 18, 2018 by Daniel Gross
- As large companies join forces to tackle healthcare, they will accelerate innovation and disruption in the broader industry.
- As the thriving sector matures, new growth strategies will be necessary.
- The disciplines that enable restructuring of established companies are also essential levers for helping deals succeed.
- How to capitalize on the boom in craft liquors.
- Utilities seeking to expand must be able to negotiate regulatory complexity while planning and executing deals effectively.July 12, 2017 by Todd Jirovec
- The simplest way to reduce customer churn is to commit to and deliver real value.June 19, 2017 by Elizabeth Doty
- The $13.7 billion agreement may help both retailers overcome some of their biggest hurdles.June 16, 2017 by Michelle Gerdes
- Young firms are valued significantly higher and attract more financing after their founders relinquish some power.April 19, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- How supersized deals are helping the sector respond to challenges.
- As they adapt to the shifting geography of sales and technological disruption, the companies that provide auto parts, components, and systems must reevaluate their product portfolios.
- The case for consolidation in U.S. retail and commercial banking.
- Mature food companies need to use aggressive cost reduction, portfolio simplification, and substantially new approaches to growth to deliver competitive returns.
- As they look to enhance digital capabilities through mergers and acquisitions, traditional companies have to heed a new set of dating rules.
- Rapidly growing companies in the developing world can prepare themselves to do battle on a global stage by gaining access to vital capabilities through acquisitions or partnerships.December 19, 2015 by John Jullens
- Outside investors have their megaphones. But insiders have a more powerful tool for creating value: deep knowledge of their business and customers.
- Careful planning for an independent future can maximize value when companies liberate assets.
- Contractors in the aerospace and defense sector can fend off aggressive activist investors by adopting a capabilities-driven approach.
- Before industrial companies sell assets, they must understand the motivations of the full array of potential buyers, especially those emerging in the East.
- How private equity firms can unlock the M&A capabilities premium to win in a cutthroat market.
- Twelve years of data shows that mergers and acquisitions that apply or enhance capabilities produce superior returns.
- Seven strategies for managing the unique challenges of large technology acquisitions.
All articles tagged: deals
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Steve Barr and Ellen Davis
- by Akshat Dubey and Rakesh Mani
- by Matt Palmquist