In the era of social media and big data, maintaining consumer relationships is a lot trickier than it used to be.
- Shelly Palmer, one of the world's leading digital-technology commentators, talks about the evolution of the entertainment and media industry.
- The best consumer strategies start with knowing where and why people shop for your product.
- The Pokémon Go craze may have faded, but it provides clues for retailers using technology to engage consumers.
- Traditional marketing tends toward rigidity and long-range planning, but firms must break out of this framework to exploit unexpected, one-off events.February 23, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- INSEAD’s David Dubois on how companies and their customers communicate in the digital age.February 20, 2017 by Shellie Karabell
- The use of humor in job listings posted on the Internet can grab people’s attention, but it may turn them off to the actual job and company being advertised.November 10, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Delving into comprehensive data on the world’s entertainment and media industries yields sharp insights into a future of eroding borders, changing behavior, and opportunities for growth.June 7, 2016 by Deborah Bothun
- The company’s top marketing executive describes the social network’s ambitious efforts to forge enduring and meaningful relationships — with employees, industry partners, and everyone else on Earth.
- Entertainment and media companies can tap into many pockets of growth and opportunity. Our intensive analysis of five shifts roiling the industry can help you identify them.
- Despite privacy concerns, businesses can benefit from including personalized information about potential customers in their email advertising appeals.April 14, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Companies can turn consumers into active online volunteers who offer consistently valuable input on existing and yet-to-be-designed products.March 24, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Companies rolling out social media marketing campaigns should keep their messages casual and general.February 25, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Capturing Attention – and Data – in a Digital AgeNovember 2, 2015 by Catharine P. Taylor
- Marketers can use big data to improve their strategic efforts.September 21, 2015 by Colin Strong
- Balancing the immediate desire for personalization with a need to understand more than our immediate environment might ultimately offer the deeper reward.July 6, 2015 by Melanie Rodier
All articles tagged: digital marketing
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Barry Jaruzelski, Volker Staack, and Robert Chwalik
- by Colm Kelly and Blair Sheppard
- by Vinay Couto, Deniz Caglar, and John Plansky