Digital tools can enhance the customer experience, but won’t replace people.
- PwC’s seventh annual global survey of consumers suggests that the next major retail industry battle will be over control of everyday routines.
- Demand sensing is a key element of a real-time, connected supply chain ecosystem and can kick-start digital transformation.
- In a complicated retail landscape, it is critical for retailers to understand what shoppers are thinking.December 20, 2017 by Michelle Gerdes
- A small but growing number of retailers and restaurants are experimenting with selling their wares through unstaffed kiosks, often linked to apps and e-payment systems.August 15, 2017 by Michelle Gerdes
- As Amazon and Walmart disrupt the grocery industry, smart retailers can compete by plying their wares in a technologically enabled way.
- The Pokémon Go craze may have faded, but it provides clues for retailers using technology to engage consumers.
- Consumers who use mobile apps tend to make more-frequent purchases, spend less per transaction, and return items more often than those who don’t.January 19, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- Technology and advanced analytics are breathing new life into an industry that had grown tired.November 15, 2016 by David Meer
- Appealing to the cultural and economic specifics of a foreign market is the key to getting consumers to shop more frequently and spend more.August 11, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Companies might want to rethink the storied model of charging less up front to get more down the line — especially as e-commerce offers consumers ever greater flexibility, information, and selection.July 21, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- E-tailers create sponsored ads in a bid to attract online consumers, but lower-cost improvements to search placement can be more profitable.May 26, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- The fastest-growing marketing channel is the voice telephone — especially when it turns solving a problem into making a sale.November 2, 2015 by Shellie Karabell
All articles tagged: digital retail
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Christopher Vollmer and Daniel Gross
- by Norbert Schwieters and Bob Moritz
- by Deborah Unger