Aligning technological investments with business goals and understanding how they affect real users helps ensure a greater return on investment.
- The auto industry is making massive R&D investments in safety, connectivity, and autonomy — so far without good returns.
- Chess champion Garry Kasparov replays his historic loss to Deep Blue to illuminate the potential of AI.July 19, 2017 by Theodore Kinni
- Faced with organizational challenges, more and more companies are hiring an executive to manage their digital transformation.
- Tips for long-term survival in what has become a short-term role.June 1, 2017 by David Clarke
- There is something unique about building houses that inherently eschews efficiency and automation.May 24, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Public policy professor Philip Auerswald takes on “the Great Man–Machine Debate.”May 24, 2017 by Theodore Kinni
- Automation is chipping away at one of the few chances many of us get during the workday for human interaction.May 17, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Facebook is hiring legions of people to monitor content, proving once again that, at least in the near future, computers need a human touch.May 9, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Capturing the strategic advantages of fan-centric businesses requires functional transformation.May 8, 2017 by Christopher A.H. Vollmer
- When plotting strategy, leaders should worry less about solutions and more about identifying the precise problem they are trying to solve.April 27, 2017 by Tom Puthiyamadam
- Are the bells and whistles on already highly engineered products just decadence, or are they a small price to pay for the gadgets we need?April 24, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- A new approach, based on innovative principles used in healthcare, can help companies lower turnover and boost productivity.
- As tasks such as ad placement are becoming automated, it’s obvious that machines will need to make a huge leap to discern context.March 30, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Robots are becoming chefs, and software is our new chauffeur, but their capacity for empathy leaves something to be desired.March 9, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- If machines and software are going to take over the jobs of humans, we may need them to fund our society.March 2, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- The Pokémon Go craze may have faded, but it provides clues for retailers using technology to engage consumers.
- Radio companies may be better positioned than they realize to provide entertainment to commuters, but they’ll need to rethink their business models.
- Technology can help, but the key is to focus on interdependence and a common language.February 8, 2017 by Tom Puthiyamadam
- How the science of big data analytics can contribute to the art of producing movie and TV content.
- Companies need a clear and complete view of how their digital transformations are progressing.
- Author Tim Wu argues that the Internet’s descent into clickbait and trivia is only the latest chapter in a long history of advertisers grabbing our attention.January 18, 2017 by Edward H. Baker
- Constructing places where employees can collaborate, improvise, and watch one another work can spur creativity.January 9, 2017 by David Clarke
- For 40 years, the Stanford professor has steered the increasingly complex and meaningful interactions between humans and computers.January 3, 2017 by Lawrence M. Fisher
- The growing array of immersive entertainment experiences carries unforeseen implications for content owners and creators.
All articles tagged: digitization
|Page 1 2 3 4 All||Next >|