Typical crisis planning focuses on specific potential shocks. But how do you prepare for an unforeseen “asymmetric” threat — one that comes out of nowhere, with no rule book to follow?
- How deals are shaping the $450 billion industry that manages prescriptions in the United States.
- A quick look at the challenges faced by location-independent freelancers, and the opportunities they present for organizations. For more insight, read “Designing a Future for the Untethered Workforce.”July 20, 2018
- The gig economy — and the growing group of digital nomads within it — requires a wider variety of new products and services than businesses and governments are currently prepared to deliver. See also “Digital Nomads."July 18, 2018 by Suvarchala Narayanan
- E-sports evolved from a hobby into an obsession, into a business — and now it is a full-fledged entertainment industry.April 23, 2018 by Bob Woods
- PwC’s seventh annual global survey of consumers suggests that the next major retail industry battle will be over control of everyday routines.
- A look at the artwork from the recent pages of strategy+business, on themes including overcoming bias at work, competitiveness in the age of digitization, and the ethics of CEOs.March 30, 2018
- Michael Pennisi, the chief executive of QSuper, one of Australia’s largest pension funds, describes how to change direction at scale.
- Freek Vermeulen explains why unhelpful practices go unnoticed and suggests how rooting them out can help innovation.February 5, 2018 by Jeremy Grant
- Technological changes foreshadow a dramatic — but manageable — shift in business logic everywhere.
- It’s time to take today’s technological threats seriously and change the way you do business.
- How to develop a coherent strategy to face today's technological threats. For more insight, read “10 Principles for Winning the Game of Digital Disruption.”November 29, 2017
- The influential economic theorist looks ahead to a world of virtually free energy and zero marginal cost production, and to a desperate race against climate change.
- Crimes, Not MisdemeanorsNovember 7, 2017 by Bethany McLean
- Animal SpiritsNovember 7, 2017 by Ken Favaro
- The Platform CompetitionNovember 7, 2017 by James Surowiecki
- Larry Smarr has become a vital conductor of innovation by insisting that scientists and researchers at the incubators he runs collaborate across the lines that separate disciplines.October 9, 2017 by Lawrence M. Fisher
- The fear of disruption is often exaggerated. In reality, organizations that are threatened by new technologies and new players usually have more time than they realize to craft an effective response. For further insights, read “The Fear of Disruption Can Be More Damaging than Actual Disruption.”September 27, 2017
- Resist the urge to react too hastily to major change — or to use it as an excuse not to take action. Focus instead on making the fundamental strategic choices necessary to strengthen your business. See also “Disruptors and the Disrupted: A Tale of Eight Companies — in Pictures.”
- To address slow growth, multiplexes are replacing humans with machines, and popcorn and soda with gourmet treats.September 7, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Leaders can encourage their organizations to construct their own futures by empowering internal iconoclasts and establishing a sense of urgency.September 6, 2017 by David Clarke
- While central banks puzzle about the lack of inflation, the e-commerce giant’s swift move to slash prices at Whole Foods shows how business is keeping prices down.August 30, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Discoveries surrounding a new class of impossibly small and improbably powerful compounds could reshape the materials industry — and the world around us.July 26, 2017 by Jeffrey Rothfeder
- The IMD professor describes how the accelerating pace of technological change puts new pressures on established companies.May 31, 2017 by Laura W. Geller
- Upstart firms that want to break into an established sector often must collaborate with the very power brokers they seek to unseat.March 23, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
All articles tagged: disruption
|Page 1 2 3||Next >|