With careful attention to six key areas, companies can make the most of their R&D investment and outpace the competition.
- Explore the companies that made the 2007, 2012, and 2017 high-leverage innovator lists with our interactive tool. For further insight, see What the Top Innovators Get Right.October 30, 2018
- Supporting the arts can help companies address many modern concerns.May 24, 2018 by Shellie Karabell
- Innovation is like a garden — you need to create an environment where it can flourish.May 23, 2018 by Vicki Huff
- Business and government should regard the rules as an operating system: a platform, updated collaboratively, that encourages innovation and the common good.
- PwC’s seventh annual global survey of consumers suggests that the next major retail industry battle will be over control of everyday routines.
- For Shin Sakane, CEO of Japan’s Seven Dreamers Laboratories, the key to innovation is satisfying unrecognized customer needs.February 27, 2018 by Bobbie van der List
- The world’s largest and fastest-growing home appliance company has always moved ahead of technological change. Now, as it enters a world of sensors and artificial intelligence, it is shifting the way it does business yet again.February 26, 2018 by Zhang Ruimin
- The greatest learning often takes place when we step outside our comfort zones.
For further insights, read “Two Simple Concepts to Free Up Innovation.”February 13, 2018
- Step into your “yikes zone,” then break anxiety-producing and overwhelming tasks into small, doable pieces. See also “How to Innovate by Stretching Yourself Mentally.”February 13, 2018 by George E.L. Barbee
- Among all the articles we’ve published over the last year, here are the ones that drew the most attention.December 18, 2017
- Those who lead and advise companies on their digital transformation should rely more on imagination and less on experience.November 1, 2017 by Tom Puthiyamadam
- The flow of talent, investment, and ideas that has boosted companies’ global R&D efforts may soon be impeded by the rise of economic nationalism.
- Larry Smarr has become a vital conductor of innovation by insisting that scientists and researchers at the incubators he runs collaborate across the lines that separate disciplines.October 9, 2017 by Lawrence M. Fisher
- Successful innovation in big organizations demands three essential behaviors.June 28, 2017 by Ken Favaro
- A new survey examines how political and economic shifts can affect corporate innovation.June 14, 2017 by Barry Jaruzelski
- The tech giant’s partnership model shows how large companies can work with new ventures to drive innovation.
- As digital becomes the new normal, a few generic strategies that can help you determine where and how to create value. Which one is best for your enterprise?December 8, 2016 by John Sviokla
- Neuroscientists are learning how executive decision makers can use their minds to transform organizations. For further insights, read “The Neuroscience of Strategic Leadership.”November 3, 2016
- Startup nuTonomy thinks that the island nation is the place to make autonomous vehicles — in the form of driverless taxis — a reality.July 26, 2016 by Chunka Mui
- Not every new entrant in your market is a disruption. Learn how to diagnose and respond to threats. For further insights, read “Diagnosing Dislocation.”July 19, 2016
- Blockbusters aren’t the only path to success. Other types of innovation hold value and keep companies humming.July 18, 2016 by Andrew Hargadon
- Don’t assume the new entrant in your market is a disruption. Learn to recognize different types of threats and design the best strategic response.July 18, 2016 by Alexander Kandybin
- A new survey examines trends in R&D spending.June 15, 2016 by Barry Jaruzelski
- Winners, losers, and strategies in the new world economic order.Related tags: china, China geopolitics, currency wars, disruption, economic growth, economics, emerging markets, financial crisis, geopolitics, global economy, global issues, global perspective, global trade, global trends, innovation, innovation strategy, international relations, megatrends, state-owned enterprises
All articles tagged: innovation strategy
|Page 1 2||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes