- In the era of telecommuting, what qualifies as “working time”? A new paper proposes a way to track employees’ hours on the job while respecting their time off.
- May 15, 2020 by Deepa KrishnanMany Indian women have stopped working, even though India’s GDP has grown. As COVID-19 brings the economy to a halt, India must critically examine its policies through a gender lens.
- April 27, 2020 by Daniel AkstElizabeth Gaskell’s Victorian-era novel North and South has a great deal to teach us about the enduring tensions between progress and prosperity, industry and labor, and rural and urban life.
- February 18, 2019 by Lynda GrattonHow HR leaders can play a vital part in providing a compelling environment for tomorrow’s workforce.
- October 12, 2017 by Daniel GrossThe end of a run can feel earth-shattering, but economists and statisticians say it often means nothing.
- September 21, 2017 by Daniel GrossRetailers are already announcing ambitious holiday hiring goals, with logistics and delivery firms likely to follow.
- September 13, 2017 by Daniel GrossWith skilled employees in high demand, some firms are extending their footprint into areas where workers are underutilized.
- July 25, 2017 by Daniel GrossIt’s too simplistic to view advances in automation as inspiring either sadness or euphoria.
- May 24, 2017 by Daniel GrossThere is something unique about building houses that inherently eschews efficiency and automation.
- May 17, 2017 by Daniel GrossAutomation is chipping away at one of the few chances many of us get during the workday for human interaction.
- May 9, 2017 by Daniel GrossFacebook is hiring legions of people to monitor content, proving once again that, at least in the near future, computers need a human touch.
- March 23, 2017 by Daniel GrossAs a tightening in farm labor shows, employers must choose from a handful of undesirable options to stay in business.
- May 9, 2016A new survey identifies the top threats faced by company leaders.
All articles tagged: labor
More PwC insights
Bold insights for bold leaders. A new series that addresses the most urgent forces facing business leaders in 2021 — and beyond. Explore the series.