Digital tools can enhance the customer experience, but won’t replace people.
- For established firms, acquiring a digital startup comes with promise and pitfalls.May 16, 2018 by Alastair Rimmer
- Emerging digital tools and techniques are reinventing large-scale IT initiatives, one process at a time.
- For Shin Sakane, CEO of Japan’s Seven Dreamers Laboratories, the key to innovation is satisfying unrecognized customer needs.February 27, 2018 by Bobbie van der List
- And what they tell us about China’s Belt and Road Initiative, Industry 4.0, and Silicon Valley dynamics.January 9, 2018 by Art Kleiner
- Technological changes foreshadow a dramatic — but manageable — shift in business logic everywhere.
- It’s time to take today’s technological threats seriously and change the way you do business.
- How to develop a coherent strategy to face today's technological threats. For more insight, read “10 Principles for Winning the Game of Digital Disruption.”November 29, 2017
- The fear of disruption is often exaggerated. In reality, organizations that are threatened by new technologies and new players usually have more time than they realize to craft an effective response. For further insights, read “The Fear of Disruption Can Be More Damaging than Actual Disruption.”September 27, 2017
- Resist the urge to react too hastily to major change — or to use it as an excuse not to take action. Focus instead on making the fundamental strategic choices necessary to strengthen your business. See also “Disruptors and the Disrupted: A Tale of Eight Companies — in Pictures.”
- Hiring people is often a last resort, even when an industry is growing.June 13, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- How technology endowed with creative intelligence changes the way companies generate and distribute content.
- Robots are becoming chefs, and software is our new chauffeur, but their capacity for empathy leaves something to be desired.March 9, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- The world is shifting its dominant technological model away from serial programming, and for many incumbents the transition will be challenging.November 8, 2016 by Ron S. Dembo
- Startup nuTonomy thinks that the island nation is the place to make autonomous vehicles — in the form of driverless taxis — a reality.July 26, 2016 by Chunka Mui
- Today’s rapidly changing technology environment often has boards scrambling to keep up. The best way to do so lies in recruiting more digital expertise while improving the quality of conversations.April 27, 2016 by Paula Loop
- As they look to enhance digital capabilities through mergers and acquisitions, traditional companies have to heed a new set of dating rules.
All articles tagged: new technologies
Elsewhere in s+b
- by David Wijeratne, Mark Rathbone, and Gabriel Wong
- by Colm Kelly and Blair Sheppard
- by Per-Ola Karlsson, DeAnne Aguirre, and Kristin Rivera