- Leading global utilities are using R&D and innovation to advance their market competitiveness — but investment levels remain low.
- Economist Mariana Mazzucato explains how solving society’s toughest problems starts with rethinking how value is created and innovation is incentivized.April 24, 2019 by Deborah Unger
- With careful attention to six key areas, companies can make the most of their R&D investment and outpace the competition.
- Explore the companies that made the 2007, 2012, and 2017 high-leverage innovator lists with our interactive tool. For further insight, see What the Top Innovators Get Right.October 30, 2018
- The “head magician” at Katjes Magic Candy Factory talks about custom candy, serial entrepreneurship, technology, and the growing pains of startups.April 13, 2018 by Deborah Unger
- The flow of talent, investment, and ideas that has boosted companies’ global R&D efforts may soon be impeded by the rise of economic nationalism.
- Discoveries surrounding a new class of impossibly small and improbably powerful compounds could reshape the materials industry — and the world around us.July 26, 2017 by Jeffrey Rothfeder
- Investment in agricultural R&D is essential to feeding the world’s growing population.
- A new survey examines how political and economic shifts can affect corporate innovation.June 14, 2017 by Barry Jaruzelski
- A new survey examines trends in R&D spending.June 15, 2016 by Barry Jaruzelski
- Large U.S. firms react to competition from high-quality foreign importers by investing more in their own R&D efforts and producing more patents.April 28, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- A study describes how companies can adopt a flexible innovation strategy that is responsive to changes in rapidly shifting markets.March 3, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Pioneering companies in mature economies are learning from emerging market companies a new way to expand their businesses.
- Asia is now the top regional destination for R&D spending, followed by North America and Europe. See also Interactive: Where Companies Spend Their R&D Money.
- Comparing R&D spending in 2007 and 2015 reveals the new geography of innovation. See also “Innovation’s New World Order.”
- Firms on the forefront of innovation often concentrate on introducing new products to younger consumers, but an aging population gives companies fresh opportunities as well.September 10, 2015 by Matt Palmquist
- When it comes to corporate multiculturalism, it’s the relationship between an ethnically diverse board and its CEO that makes the biggest difference for leading firms.June 18, 2015 by Matt Palmquist
- The best R&D is kept separate from strategic planning, but is closely linked to strategy.
- Oil-field services companies, which invent the technologies used to drill for oil and gas, have reaped the rewards of an intense focus on innovation.May 11, 2015
- Your next innovation breakthrough probably won’t come from social media.May 7, 2015 by Matt Palmquist
- The secret to sustainable expansion is to stop chasing growth; instead, build an engine that delivers it.
- Answer these 10 questions to focus your energy and resources this year.February 23, 2015 by Lisa Bodell
- Jason Jennings, author of The Reinventors, introduces a lesson in leveraging existing capabilities from How to Kill a Unicorn, by Mark Payne.November 24, 2014 by Jason Jennings
- Behind the hype of peer-to-peer economics is a quiet B2B revolution.October 28, 2014 by Robert Vaughan
- A new Strategy& online survey helps you check your innovation proficiency.
All articles tagged: research and development
|Page 1 2 3 4||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes
Videos, Galleries, & More
- Interactiveby Myles Mellor