A small but growing number of retailers and restaurants are experimenting with selling their wares through unstaffed kiosks, often linked to apps and e-payment systems.
- A selection of books perfect for your commute — or the beach.July 25, 2017
- The $13.7 billion agreement may help both retailers overcome some of their biggest hurdles.June 16, 2017 by Michelle Gerdes
- Forget your worries about the factory floor. Machines are already decimating retail jobs.April 12, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- The Pokémon Go craze may have faded, but it provides clues for retailers using technology to engage consumers.
- Consumers who use mobile apps tend to make more-frequent purchases, spend less per transaction, and return items more often than those who don’t.January 19, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- Beyond revenue, customers who are obsessed with a product don’t just provide valuable insight but are a conduit to new markets.January 11, 2017 by Catharine P. Taylor
- When it comes to consumer goods, infrequent purchasers, not faithful customers, seem to drive market-share growth.December 8, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Technology and advanced analytics are breathing new life into an industry that had grown tired.November 15, 2016 by David Meer
- Big Marketing Gets PersonalOctober 31, 2016 by Catharine P. Taylor
- Target is the latest retailer to double down on mini versions of its stores — and hopes to avoid others’ pitfalls.October 18, 2016 by Michelle Gerdes
- Starbucks undergoes a media makeover.October 10, 2016 by Peter Lauria
- The high-end grocery company is using its newly formed 365 chain to experiment with new business practices.July 29, 2016 by Michelle Gerdes
- Companies might want to rethink the storied model of charging less up front to get more down the line — especially as e-commerce offers consumers ever greater flexibility, information, and selection.July 21, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Mature food companies need to use aggressive cost reduction, portfolio simplification, and substantially new approaches to growth to deliver competitive returns.
- To serve online shoppers effectively, companies need to make complex trade-offs among speed, variety, and convenience.
All articles tagged: retail trends