- Five principles of service design, adapted for the COVID-19 era.
- Don’t let what you’re learning go to waste — capture it for post-crisis strategy and growth.
- Businesses should consider the pros and cons of adopting digital customer service systems.June 18, 2020 by Matt Palmquist
- Customers give personal information to companies that are careful about trust, transparency, and the type of data they request.January 23, 2020 by Matt Palmquist
- How Bhaskar Bhat turned an Indian watchmaking startup into a lifestyle giant.January 22, 2020 by Suvarchala Narayanan
- Gathering different sorts of data can yield surprising insights and drive more effective decision making.May 28, 2019 by Megan Higgins
- Consumers have more power over your company’s success or failure than ever before, and it’s time for a new metric that captures the return on your investment in them.January 30, 2019 by John Maxwell
- Online brands are opening brick-and-mortar shops, using technology and data-driven customer insights to transform the in-store experience.
- Christmas displays make shoppers more forgiving of employee mistakes but more judgmental of unfairness.December 21, 2018 by Matt Palmquist
- Getting consumers their packages when and where they want them in a cost-effective way is a global need, but shipping solutions vary by region.
- People are using virtual assistants such as Siri and Alexa to do a lot of things, but making purchases isn’t really one of them. What will it take to make voice commerce take off?June 25, 2018 by Denise Dahlhoff
- Digital tools can enhance the customer experience, but won’t replace people.
- PwC’s seventh annual global survey of consumers suggests that the next major retail industry battle will be over control of everyday routines.
- He understood that everything a company sells — and everything its customers do — should contribute to the experience.
- How I liberated myself from points and why it matters to your company.January 25, 2018 by Eric J. McNulty
- In a complicated retail landscape, it is critical for retailers to understand what shoppers are thinking.December 20, 2017 by Michelle Gerdes
- A small but growing number of retailers and restaurants are experimenting with selling their wares through unstaffed kiosks, often linked to apps and e-payment systems.August 15, 2017 by Michelle Gerdes
- A selection of books perfect for your commute — or the beach.July 25, 2017
- The $13.7 billion agreement may help both retailers overcome some of their biggest hurdles.June 16, 2017 by Michelle Gerdes
- Forget your worries about the factory floor. Machines are already decimating retail jobs.April 12, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- The Pokémon Go craze may have faded, but it provides clues for retailers using technology to engage consumers.
- Consumers who use mobile apps tend to make more-frequent purchases, spend less per transaction, and return items more often than those who don’t.January 19, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- Beyond revenue, customers who are obsessed with a product don’t just provide valuable insight but are a conduit to new markets.January 11, 2017 by Catharine P. Taylor
- When it comes to consumer goods, infrequent purchasers, not faithful customers, seem to drive market-share growth.December 8, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Technology and advanced analytics are breathing new life into an industry that had grown tired.November 15, 2016 by David Meer
All articles tagged: retail trends
|Page 1 2||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes
Videos, Galleries, & More
- Interactiveby Myles Mellor