Strategy+business (s+b) is an award-winning management magazine for decision makers in businesses and organizations around the world. Our purpose is to illuminate the complex choices that leaders face — in strategy, marketing, operations, human capital, governance, and other domains — and the impact of their decisions. S+b is published in print, on the web, and in digital editions on a variety of platforms.
Strategy+business is published by certain member firms of the PwC network. The articles we publish are characterized by:
Distinguished contributors. We feature writing by chief executives and other well-known corporate leaders, best-selling business thinkers and philosophers, prominent academics and researchers, seasoned practitioners from the PwC network, and journalists with a track record in revealing the patterns below the surface.
Distinctive content. Our purpose is to find and share the ideas and stories that raise the game for management, written and expounded clearly enough to provide the basis for thoughtful action. Through in-depth feature stories, thought leader interviews, and strategic commentaries, each issue of strategy+business provides an informed, global perspective on ideas and practices relevant to large-scale corporations. Ongoing features and studies include:
- "New world. New skills. by PwC," a series addressing how to fill the gap between the digital skills people have and those needed to live, learn, and work in the digital world
- "Compliance. Transformed by PwC," a series examining how to manage compliance in order to increase effectiveness, reduce costs, and build trust in a rapidly changing risk and regulatory landscape
- The "Experiences matter" series, uncovering how to deliver customer, employee, and leadership experiences that inspire long-term confidence, loyalty, and growth
- Our "Inside the Mind of the CEO" series, exploring a wide range of critical decisions chief executives around the world face in today's dynamic society
- "Global Entertainment & Media Outlook by PwC," a five-year projection of advertising and consumer spending data
- "The s+b 10 principles collection," offering comprehensive and practical lessons for navigating today's biggest and most daunting organizational challenges — from change management to company culture, from strategy leadership to digitization
- Provocative “Thought Leader” and "Young Profs" interviews and essays, going in depth with notable figures such as Blacktone Group CEO Stephen A. Schwarzman; former director of the CDC Tom Frieden; Yale psychologist Laurie Santos; Alphabet chair John Hennessy; economist Mariana Mazzucato; Tata Sons chair Natarajan Chandrasekaran; Nobel laureate Daniel Kahneman; Oracle CEO Safra Catz; IMD professor Howard Yu; law professor Cass Sunstein; CEO of KeyCorp and chair of the Cleveland Clinic Beth Mooney; Wharton School professor Stephanie Creary; restaurant mogul Danny Meyer; business thinker and philosopher Charles Handy; former Unilever CEO Paul Polman; and Gallup CEO Jim Clifton
- Our compendium of “Recent Research,” summarizing academic studies and their implications for real-world corporate action
- “Best Business Books,” an annual roundup and assessment of the year’s most important books
- Coverage of trends in organizational culture, neuroscience, lean thinking, emerging markets, corporate governance, and more
- Valuable thinking and practice in marketing, media, operations, healthcare, technology, innovation, finance, energy, and more
To propose articles for s+b, see our writer's guidelines.
Discerning readers. Strategy+business has a global audience of more than 1,000,000 readers, including print and digital subscribers as well as website registrants. Nearly 130,000 people receive s+b’s twice-weekly e-newsletters, over 115,000 subscribe to s+b’s digital edition and apps, and more than 400,000 interact with s+b on social media channels. According to a recent study analyzing s+b’s circulation, 38 percent of s+b print readers are C-suite executives ranked vice president or higher. Our audience includes decision makers at small firms, managers rising within large companies, prominent academics, and others with an interest in understanding the business and management systems, practices, and ideas that define our world.
For more on our audience, see our online media kit.
Diverse channels. We make our material available to you in a variety of ways.
- The strategy+business quarterly print magazine is available via subscription and on newsstands
- The strategy+business website, where new articles are published every week
- Ideas that work, a twice-weekly email newsletter for business analysis, insights, commentary, and multimedia from the authors, strategists, and editors at strategy+business
s+b also publishes books, e-books, and multimedia content, including videos and interactive graphics.
Awards Highlights for strategy+business:
- 2020 MarCom Platinum awards for B2B print magazine and B2B website
- 2020 bronze ASBPE & SIPAward winner for best new or relaunched website
- 12 Folio awards recognizing editorial and design excellence from 2016-2020
- American Society of Business Editors' silver regional award for e-newsletter, general excellence in 2017 & 2020 and gold national and regional awards in 2016
- 2019 SIPAward first place winner for best blog/commentary series
- Six TELLY bronze awards for video in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2019
- ASBPE’s national and regional silver awards for best blog in 2017, national and regional gold awards in 2015, and silver award in 2014
- ASBPE's gold regional award for best website home page design in 2015 and 2016
- ASBPE top 10 award for best cross-platform package of the year in 2017
For a complete list of our awards, visit our media kit.
From time to time, strategy+business may publish material provided directly by PwC or Strategy& consultants. This material, labelled "sponsored content," has not undergone review or editing by any strategy+business editors.