Strategy+business (s+b) is an award-winning management magazine for decision makers in businesses and other organizations around the world. Our purpose is to illuminate the complex choices that leaders face—in strategy, marketing, operations, human capital, governance, and other domains—and the impact of their decisions.
Strategy+business is published by certain member firms of the PwC network. The articles we publish are characterized by:
Distinguished contributors. We feature writing by chief executives and other well-known corporate leaders, best-selling business thinkers and philosophers, prominent academics and researchers, seasoned practitioners from the PwC network, and journalists with a track record in revealing the patterns below the surface.
Distinctive content. Our purpose is to find and share the ideas and stories that raise the game for management, written and expounded clearly enough to provide the basis for thoughtful action. Through in-depth feature stories, thought leader interviews, and strategic commentaries, strategy+business provides an informed, global perspective on ideas and practices relevant to large-scale corporations. Ongoing features and studies include:
- “ESG by PwC,” a series examining how businesses can address growing expectations in environmental, social, and governance issues
- “Hello, tomorrow. by PwC,” a series offering insights on responding to today’s new realities while preparing for tomorrow’s unpredictable shifts
- “Transformation by PwC,” a series exploring why companies need to move beyond digital and follow a new playbook that addresses new dynamics
- “Value Creation by PwC,” a series looking at how organizations can generate long-term enterprise value
- “Workforce by PwC,” a series addressing how to craft and execute new workforce strategies, building on your people’s individual strengths and fueling their collective performance
- “Inside the Mind of the CEO,” a series exploring a wide range of critical decisions chief executives around the world face in today’s dynamic society
- “Global Entertainment & Media Outlook by PwC,” a five-year projection of advertising and consumer spending data
- Provocative “Thought Leader” and “Young Profs” interviews and essays, going in depth with notable figures such as Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla; Blackstone Group CEO Stephen A. Schwarzman; former director of the US’s CDC Tom Frieden; Columbia professor Adam Tooze; Yale psychologist Laurie Santos; Alphabet chair John Hennessy; economist Mariana Mazzucato; Tata Sons chair Natarajan Chandrasekaran; Procter & Gamble CEO David Taylor; Nobel laureate Daniel Kahneman; law professor Cass Sunstein; CEO of KeyCorp and chair of the Cleveland Clinic Beth Mooney; Wharton School professor Stephanie Creary; London Business School professor Aneeta Rattan; restaurant mogul Danny Meyer; business thinker and philosopher Charles Handy; former Unilever CEO Paul Polman; Wharton professor Katy Milkman; and Gallup CEO Jim Clifton
- “Best Business Books,” an annual roundup and assessment of the year’s most important books covering business topics
To propose articles for s+b, see our writer’s guidelines.
Discerning readers. Strategy+business has a global audience of more than 1,000,000 readers, including subscribers and website visitors. More than 120,000 people receive s+b’s twice-weekly e-newsletters, over 115,000 subscribe to s+b’s digital edition and apps, and more than 400,000 interact with s+b on social media channels. Our audience includes business decision makers, managers rising within large companies, distinguished academics, and others with an interest in understanding the business and management systems, practices, and ideas that define our world.
Diverse channels. We make our material available to you in a variety of ways.
- The strategy+business digital magazine is available via subscription
- The strategy+business website, where new articles are published every week
- Ideas that work, a twice-weekly email newsletter for business analysis, insights, commentary, and multimedia from the authors, strategists, and editors at strategy+business
Awards highlights for strategy+business:
- 2021 and 2020 MarCom Platinum and Gold awards for B2B print magazine and B2B website
- 2020 bronze ASBPE & SIPAward winner for best new or relaunched website
- 13 Folio awards recognizing editorial and design excellence from 2016 to 2021
- American Society of Business Editors' bronze regional award for e-newsletter, general excellence in 2022 and gold and silver regional awards in 2017, 2020, and 2021
- 2019 SIP Award first-place winner for best blog/commentary series
- Six TELLY bronze awards for video in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2019
Click here for a complete list of our awards.
From time to time, strategy+business may publish material provided directly by PwC or Strategy& consultants. This material, labeled “sponsored content,” has not undergone review or editing by any strategy+business editors.