In the fourth video interview of this five-part series, Eric Ries, author of The Lean Startup, describes his system of innovation accounting—and how it can convert learning into dollars. For more related insights, read “Why Eric Ries Likes Management."
- How Gilt’s Michelle Peluso designed a career to be both the CEO—and the mom—she wanted to be.January 10, 2014 by Charity Delich
- The technique of deliberate practice can dramatically improve performance, but knowing its limits is as important as understanding its value.January 6, 2014 by Phil Rosenzweig
- Successful collaborations create transformational value, according to BP executive Luc Bardin.December 23, 2013 by Theodore Kinni
- In the third video interview of this five-part series, Eric Ries, author of The Lean Startup, discusses why it's important to attach metrics to the process of learning, using an idea he calls "validated learning."December 16, 2013
- While shopping for gifts this holiday season, consider these valuable insights on how to be an effective executive.December 13, 2013 by Eric J. McNulty
- The Lean Startup author says that entrepreneurship is management — and describes how that concept can help achieve better results at any company.December 11, 2013
- To be effective, a government needs the same thing as a business: good management.December 10, 2013 by Art Kleiner
- If you want to stay safe and succeed, focus on others more than yourself.November 18, 2013 by David SilvermanRelated tags: execution
- In the first video interview of this five-part series, Eric Ries, author of The Lean Startup, tells Paul Michelman, executive editor at strategy+business, that entrepreneurs exist everywhere—and discusses what that means for innovation at big companies.November 18, 2013
- The author of The Lean Startup is thinking big about the challenges facing companies in an economy driven by innovation.November 12, 2013 by Paul Michelman
- Many leaders inadvertently stand in the way of superior performance. Here’s how to avoid the hindrance trap. And to check your own performance, take our interactive survey.
- Let’s not be so quick to damn an entire generation as narcissists. Maybe they’re just inexperienced.October 21, 2013 by David Silverman
- Former Strategy& senior partner Ken Favaro explains to former s+b executive editor Paul Michelman that when leaders substitute visions, missions, purposes, plans, or goals for the real work of strategy, they send their firms adrift.October 7, 2013
- Former Strategy& senior partner Ken Favaro speaks with former s+b executive editor Paul Michelman about understanding the real value of corporate strategy and the head office.October 7, 2013
- Planning and performance management systems can be designed to reinforce your most distinctive capabilities—not undermine them.September 16, 2013 by Matthew Siegel
- When you are selling part of your company, don’t just offer buyers a potential asset; give them the capabilities to gain value from it.
- A Booz & Company study reveals that only 17 percent of companies are poised for a profitable future.
- When your strategy shifts, you may need to redesign your organization as well.
- The eight components of your organizational genome hold the secret to unleashing superior performance.
- The advice we give our children may also be the secret to corporate longevity.August 20, 2013 by Paul Michelman
- Here are the symptoms to watch out for and what to do if you find them.
- In his new book, Robert A.G. Monks indicts more than half of the Fortune 500, a handful of giant institutional shareholders, and the U.S. Supreme Court for hijacking the American Dream.August 14, 2013 by Theodore Kinni
- The secret to successful launches is doubling down on the attributes and capabilities that make your offering stand out.
- As analytics exert greater influence in organizational decision making, the question of how to manage this essential asset is coming to a head.
All articles tagged: execution
|< Prev||Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 …||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Barry Jaruzelski, Volker Staack, and Robert Chwalik
- by Colm Kelly and Blair Sheppard
- by Vinay Couto, Deniz Caglar, and John Plansky