- When music labels offer online subscription services, they risk cannibalizing current CD sales. To expand the entire music market, the labels should adopt the movie industry's "windowing" approach and create distinct value propositions for retail and digital channels.
- Marketers fail when they segment Web users on demographics alone. Our study of click-stream data reveals seven usage-based segments that correlate to users' online moods and goals. They can be a powerful tool in crafting effective Web strategies.
- Best Buy Co. Inc., Executive Vice President, MarketingJanuary 1, 2001 by Victoria Griffith
- Cisneros Groups of Companies, Chairman and CEOJanuary 1, 2001 by Robert Ratner
- October 1, 2000 by Bruce Feirstein
- The m-Web is just taking off, but killer applications and transforming challenges are already emerging.
- Great brands have fanatical followers who can insure the brand endures. Make sure your biggest fans don't become your greatest enemies.
- Though more known for his legendary publicity stunts, Richard Branson has led Virgin Group to success with a singular, flamboyant style. Learn the secret of how he tackles the big bad wolves of many industries.October 1, 1998 by Glenn Rifkin
- July 1, 1997 by Joel Kurtzman
- George Lucas’ Industrial Light and Magic is the nation’s premier special effects shop with credits that include Star Wars. Part of its phenomenal growth and success stems from the innovative management of its employees — most of whom don’t even know they’re being managed.April 1, 1997 by Lawrence M. Fisher
- Sound marketing principles from an unlikely source, the Grateful Dead rock group. Jerry Garcia and his fellow musicians emerged from the non-materialistic counterculture of the 1960's to create an exceptionally strong and lucrative brand name that has stood the test of time, and even Mr. Garcia's death in 1995. The basis of the Grateful Dead brand was the group's sustained personal relationship with its customers, derived from an unusual dedication to playing its distinctive and improvisational music at live performances.January 1, 1997 by Glenn Rifkin
All articles tagged: entertainment
|< Prev||Page 1 2 3 4|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes