- Li & Fung CEO Spencer Fung has explicitly championed a digital transformation of one of the world’s most influential supply chain solutions platforms.
- Barbara Humpton, US CEO of one of the largest and oldest engineering firms in the world, talks about continuous innovation, the future of AI, and the societal aspects of technology.July 10, 2019 by Michelle Gerdes
- How one of the biggest companies you’ve never heard of may create the future of manufacturing.June 11, 2019 by Richard D’Aveni
- Tuck School of Business professor Richard D’Aveni proposes a technology-driven vision of manufacturing dominance.February 1, 2019 by Theodore Kinni
- Companies, even tiny upstarts, are using technology to deliver personalized and niche products and services — and take on the mass-market giants.August 29, 2018 by Kevin Maney
- Bringing digital prowess and sustainable practices together should be at the forefront of strategic thinking for any business. For further insights, read “Digital Technology and Sustainability: Positive Mutual Reinforcement.”August 1, 2018
- Get the balance right between these two concepts, and your business can thrive. For more insight, see “How to Balance Digital Expertise and Sustainability.”
- Cutting-edge technology gives a glimpse into the future of how things will get made, and what manufacturers must do to stay relevant.
- Discoveries surrounding a new class of impossibly small and improbably powerful compounds could reshape the materials industry — and the world around us.July 26, 2017 by Jeffrey Rothfeder
- With manufacturing put into the hands of small firms and even consumers, traditional value chains may no longer be as advantageous.October 6, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- At MIT’s Media Lab, an engineer and biophysicist — and double amputee — is designing prosthetics that connect body and brain.October 3, 2016 by Sally Helgesen
- Global businesses are about to integrate their operations into a seamless digital whole, and thereby change the world.
- The manufacturing chief describes how an industrial powerhouse founded in the 19th century is using software, sensors, and savvy to create a digital manufacturer that can thrive in the 21st century.February 9, 2016 by Daniel Gross
- The way medicine is manufactured is about to be radically transformed.November 30, 2015 by Marcus Ehrhardt
All articles tagged: 3d printing
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes