- Efforts to dismantle cross-held shares and improve board oversight are succeeding amid heightened interest from private equity and activist investors.
- Discoveries in materials science could lead to a new era of growth. Who is best positioned to benefit — incumbent companies or upstarts?
- May 9, 2017 by Ken FavaroFinancial engineering won’t fix a stagnant valuation.
- January 26, 2017 by Matt PalmquistActivist groups’ ideological stance, as well as a company’s own characteristics, shape the types of strategies used to effect change.
- July 28, 2016 by Matt PalmquistA large proportion of shareholder proposals contested by firms receive support from other investors when put to a vote.
- Mature food companies need to use aggressive cost reduction, portfolio simplification, and substantially new approaches to growth to deliver competitive returns.
- March 11, 2016 by Jill PriluckA new book describes how waves of shareholder activism have been altering the corporate landscape for nearly a century.
- Two leaders of an Australian fund explain how they challenged deceptive messages about investment capability, and raised the game of the companies they work with.
- Outside investors have their megaphones. But insiders have a more powerful tool for creating value: deep knowledge of their business and customers.
All articles tagged: activist investor
Saving to your library.
The item has been saved. Click here to access your saved items, or click the “X” to go back to the article.
There was an error