When you know the probabilities of future events, including your own processes, you can hedge their risks in more strategic ways.
- Emerging digital tools and techniques are reinventing large-scale IT initiatives, one process at a time.
- Demand sensing is a key element of a real-time, connected supply chain ecosystem and can kick-start digital transformation.
- Imagining four radically different scenarios for how companies will manage people and how people will manage their work and careers.
- Regardless of their job title, leaders need to be able to connect new technologies to strategy.
- As the labor market continues to change, base pay is rising much more quickly for the bottom 20 percent of earners than for other workers.November 22, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Leading for creativity isn’t about being an artistic free spirit — it’s about having the necessary skills to think in ways that get things done.November 14, 2017 by Eric J. McNulty
- Space tourism and self-driving cars are exciting to ponder, but what about just making our current systems work better?October 31, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- To have the right talent to thrive in the future, companies need to start categorizing and analyzing the skills present in their organization today.October 31, 2017 by Jeff Hesse
- Algorithms and AI can help a company achieve massive scale, but they bring with them new risks.October 18, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Artificial intelligence may learn to track predispositions and personality traits, turning our inner personalities into a detectible second skin.October 16, 2017 by Art Kleiner
- As the global defense industry embraces digital technology, it is creating a new type of warfare with different winners and losers.August 8, 2017 by Andrew Apostolou
- It’s too simplistic to view advances in automation as inspiring either sadness or euphoria.July 25, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- There is something unique about building houses that inherently eschews efficiency and automation.May 24, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Public policy professor Philip Auerswald takes on “the Great Man–Machine Debate.”May 24, 2017 by Theodore Kinni
- As the conceptual side of computer science becomes practical and relevant to business, companies must decide what type of AI role they should play.May 10, 2017 by Anand Rao
- Forget your worries about the factory floor. Machines are already decimating retail jobs.April 12, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Autonomous buses seem like a natural solution to a school bus driver shortage, but parents would certainly disagree.April 6, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- As tasks such as ad placement are becoming automated, it’s obvious that machines will need to make a huge leap to discern context.March 30, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- Robots are becoming chefs, and software is our new chauffeur, but their capacity for empathy leaves something to be desired.March 9, 2017 by Daniel Gross
- During the next few years, says GE Digital’s leader, the Industrial Internet will turn every company into a digitally empowered enterprise.
- Technology and the Internet of Things are eroding the boundaries that have long classified businesses. Here’s how to change your company’s approach.January 3, 2017 by Norbert Schwieters
- The trend of manufacturers replacing human labor with machines isn’t restricted to the West.November 30, 2016 by Daniel Gross
- As they adapt to the shifting geography of sales and technological disruption, the companies that provide auto parts, components, and systems must reevaluate their product portfolios.
- The electric vehicle and green energy industries show how rolling out innovations can be delayed in the face of time-consuming obstacles.October 26, 2016 by Daniel Gross
All articles tagged: automation
|Page 1 2 3 4||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by David Wijeratne, Mark Rathbone, and Gabriel Wong
- by Colm Kelly and Blair Sheppard
- by Per-Ola Karlsson, DeAnne Aguirre, and Kristin Rivera