How to get the strategists and implementers in your company to work together effectively. For more insight, read “10 Principles of Strategy through Execution.”
- How to link where your company is headed with what it does best. See also “A Guide to Strategy through Execution.”
- Companies can increase profits in a low-growth environment by focusing on the right combination of segments.
- Why coherent institutions were the first to rebound after the financial crisis.
- During a restructuring, rumors spread and fear takes hold. You can reduce the turmoil by finding ways to inform, empower, and inspire employees.
- For companies, sustaining a consistently high level of performance requires unique capabilities that may differ sharply from the strategies they used to succeed in the first place.January 5, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- Your strategic planning process and annual off-sites may be holding your directors back.December 22, 2016 by Ken Favaro
- When you give voice to confidence, aspiration, prescience, or desperation, it can set you on a more powerful path. See also “How to Define Your Corporate Identity.”December 14, 2016 by Paul Leinwand
- Having a clear sense of who you are will help you grow coherently, and outpace the competition. For further insights, read “Pulling the Triggers That Pull Companies.”December 14, 2016
- By setting your company up for growth, you have already made a strong, implicit commitment to diversity. The political events of 2016 could help you deliver on that promise.
- As distinctions dissolve among the hardware, software, services, and telecom sectors, companies are changing how they compete.
- As they adapt to the shifting geography of sales and technological disruption, the companies that provide auto parts, components, and systems must reevaluate their product portfolios.
- The world’s largest innovators are shifting the focus of their R&D investments from products to programming. See also “How Non-Tech Companies Are Joining the Software Revolution — in Pictures."
- Trends spotted by Strategy& suggest that companies in any industry can gain prominence by choosing the right approach.
- A punishing trek is a painful reminder to get your strategic fundamentals right.October 24, 2016 by Ken Favaro
- How members of the Gulf Cooperation Council can diversify their economies.
- With a few changes, any company can increase the speed and effectiveness of its teams.
- Can simultaneous exploitation and exploration resolve the innovator’s dilemma?August 3, 2016 by Theodore Kinni
- Can companies discover crucial competitive insight by working to solve social problems?July 5, 2016 by Eric J. McNulty
- Four strategies for creating value in life sciences.
- The legendary management guru believes burying your nose in a book can be the most effective strategy for succeeding in business.May 26, 2016 by Theodore Kinni
- Inside every exceptional company are teams of people working across functions, year after year, doing things together they couldn’t do alone.
- Global businesses are about to integrate their operations into a seamless digital whole, and thereby change the world.
- On the world’s most diverse continent, companies need a deep understanding of local context.
- There’s a reason there are so few examples of large companies fundamentally altering their strategies on the fly — it’s extremely hard.April 13, 2016 by Daniel Gross
All articles tagged: capabilities
|Page 1 2 All||Next >|