- Steady Progress
- Technology and advanced analytics are breathing new life into an industry that had grown tired.November 15, 2016 by David Meer
- When it comes to data thieves, no company is immune. Leaders, here’s how to prepare.February 24, 2015 by Eric J. McNulty
- How Gilt’s Michelle Peluso designed a career to be both the CEO—and the mom—she wanted to be.January 10, 2014 by Charity Delich
- From the headlines to the C-suite, big data embodied the height of strategy-as-fashion in 2013.January 8, 2014 by Ken Favaro
- Your company’s customer-centricity profile reveals the capabilities you need to succeed in digital media, as well as whether you are a leader, scholar, pioneer, or novice in this critical marketing field.
- Brand NewNovember 27, 2012 by Shaun Holliday
- Marketing expert David Aaker argues that to succeed in today’s global arena, marketers must learn to appeal to consumers whose interests transcend individual products and regions.January 20, 2009 by Edward H. Baker
- Related tags: cmo
- More and more, marketing organizations are being asked to fulfill a far more significant role for the rest of the enterprise. Indeed, a number of CMOs have flourished in their capacity as “Growth Champions,” a term we use to describe marketing’s engagement in leading companies to expand their reach in the consumer or business-to-business marketplace. And, as successful leaders, the CMOs have also demonstrated their ability to establish an environment that encourages every member of the marketing team to thrive: After all, not only do followers need great leaders, but great leaders need great followers. Based on revealing interviews that Booz Allen and the ANA conducted with marketing leaders at household-name companies, our experts offer insights into this new marketing role and how to make it work.
- By aiming to get innovative marketing programs 70 percent complete before launching them, the electronics retailer gained more marketing knowledge than it would have achieved with a more conservative approach.November 30, 2006 by Michael Linton
All articles tagged: cmo
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes