- Crisis creates business opportunities. This time, M&A activity will lead the way, and buyers will be in the driver’s seat.
- April 14, 2020 by Olwyn AlexanderThe environment and other aspects of sustainability are becoming top concerns for investment CEOs and their clients.
- September 18, 2019 by Jeremy GrantAs head of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, Nicky Newton-King has pushed companies to look beyond shareholder return and earn the trust of the community.
- July 9, 2019 by Samantha MarshallWith a focus on transparency, Halstatt has been transformed by a matriarchal line of CEOs.
- The midsized companies in the U.S. that grow the fastest understand their strong suits and play their hands accordingly.
- October 4, 2018 by Kevin ManeyThey’re not gone. But they are struggling as the market splits into behemoth platforms and a multitude of small, niche players that those platforms enable.
- September 26, 2018 by Art KleinerBrazilian media and private equity leader Eduardo Sirotsky Melzer has a message for high-tech, middle-market companies in emerging economies: This could be their moment.
- With so much cash on company balance sheets, U.S. companies face competitive pressure to use the tax windfall strategically.
- Capital expenditures are an overlooked lever for helping companies boost cash flows — and ultimately shareholder returns.
- September 27, 2017 by Matt PalmquistAlthough crowdfunding has been hailed as a brilliant new tool for edgy entrepreneurs, Internet investors tend to back safer, less groundbreaking products.
- September 8, 2016 by Matt PalmquistWhen a company chooses to hold its shareholder meeting in a distant location or at an odd time, executives might be trying to avoid revealing bad news.
- July 28, 2016 by Matt PalmquistA large proportion of shareholder proposals contested by firms receive support from other investors when put to a vote.
- Outside investors have their megaphones. But insiders have a more powerful tool for creating value: deep knowledge of their business and customers.
- With these 10 principles for rethinking cost management, you can maximize value and avoid threats from Wall Street.
- June 16, 2015 by Deepali SrivastavaIn his new book, marketing guru Philip Kotler identifies debt-supported consumer spending as a flaw of capitalism — along with 13 other shortcomings.
- May 12, 2015 by Susan CrammHow to fall in love with your colleagues.
- The secret to sustainable expansion is to stop chasing growth; instead, build an engine that delivers it.
- September 22, 2014 by Barry NalebuffBarry Nalebuff, coauthor of Co-opetition, introduces a passage on when to—and when not to—believe what others say, from The Power of Noticing, by Max Bazerman.
- July 16, 2014 by David LancefieldConfidence is critical to individual and organizational performance.
- June 24, 2014 by Ken FavaroHow to navigate the twin demands of current performance and future investment.
- April 28, 2014 by Rob NortonIn The Second Machine Age, two MIT professors show how the exponential growth of new technologies is remaking the world.
- April 7, 2014 by Paul MichelmanThe Best s+b Blog Posts of Q1.
- March 21, 2014 by Susan CrammWhat used to be considered pastimes or hobbies might eventually provide your next paycheck.
- March 11, 2014 by Ken FavaroMany adjacency moves fail because they’re driven by the wrong motives. But a lot can be learned from those that succeed.
- February 13, 2014 by Matt PalmquistIncoming leaders follow a predictable pattern of disinvesting from their predecessor’s flops and eventually investing just as unwisely.
All articles tagged: investing
|Page 1 2 3 4||Next >|
More PwC insights
Vulnerability is a necessity if we want to lead effectively.