They’re not gone. But they are struggling as the market splits into behemoth platforms and a multitude of small, niche players that those platforms enable.
- Brazilian media and private equity leader Eduardo Sirotsky Melzer has a message for high-tech, middle-market companies in emerging economies: This could be their moment.September 26, 2018 by Art Kleiner
- With so much cash on company balance sheets, U.S. companies face competitive pressure to use the tax windfall strategically.
- Capital expenditures are an overlooked lever for helping companies boost cash flows — and ultimately shareholder returns.
- Although crowdfunding has been hailed as a brilliant new tool for edgy entrepreneurs, Internet investors tend to back safer, less groundbreaking products.September 27, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- When a company chooses to hold its shareholder meeting in a distant location or at an odd time, executives might be trying to avoid revealing bad news.September 8, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- A large proportion of shareholder proposals contested by firms receive support from other investors when put to a vote.July 28, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Outside investors have their megaphones. But insiders have a more powerful tool for creating value: deep knowledge of their business and customers.
- With these 10 principles for rethinking cost management, you can maximize value and avoid threats from Wall Street.
- In his new book, marketing guru Philip Kotler identifies debt-supported consumer spending as a flaw of capitalism — along with 13 other shortcomings.June 16, 2015 by Deepali Srivastava
- How to fall in love with your colleagues.May 12, 2015 by Susan Cramm
- The secret to sustainable expansion is to stop chasing growth; instead, build an engine that delivers it.
- Barry Nalebuff, coauthor of Co-opetition, introduces a passage on when to—and when not to—believe what others say, from The Power of Noticing, by Max Bazerman.September 22, 2014 by Barry Nalebuff
- Confidence is critical to individual and organizational performance.July 16, 2014 by David Lancefield
- How to navigate the twin demands of current performance and future investment.June 24, 2014 by Ken Favaro
- In The Second Machine Age, two MIT professors show how the exponential growth of new technologies is remaking the world.April 28, 2014 by Rob Norton
- The Best s+b Blog Posts of Q1.April 7, 2014 by Paul Michelman
- What used to be considered pastimes or hobbies might eventually provide your next paycheck.March 21, 2014 by Susan Cramm
- Many adjacency moves fail because they’re driven by the wrong motives. But a lot can be learned from those that succeed.March 11, 2014 by Ken Favaro
- Incoming leaders follow a predictable pattern of disinvesting from their predecessor’s flops and eventually investing just as unwisely.February 13, 2014 by Matt Palmquist
- Nancy Scola reviews Joel Gurin’s Open Data Now, the first book to detail the rich business opportunities in open data and the challenges in capturing them.February 11, 2014 by Nancy Scola
- New high-tech companies are more attractive to investors when they show room for growth.January 23, 2014 by Matt Palmquist
- Companies that implement socially and environmentally responsible strategies tend to profit—but the benefits take time to show.January 9, 2014 by Matt Palmquist
- To foster an environment of smart risk-taking, leaders should use guardrails, not handcuffs.January 6, 2014 by Lisa Bodell
- An IT services firm has developed a business model that it believes delivers joy to both employees and customers.January 3, 2014 by Susan Cramm
All articles tagged: investing
|Page 1 2 3 4||Next >|