Focus on intrinsic value, not share price, to surpass investor expectations.
- Although crowdfunding has been hailed as a brilliant new tool for edgy entrepreneurs, Internet investors tend to back safer, less groundbreaking products.September 27, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- Young firms are valued significantly higher and attract more financing after their founders relinquish some power.April 19, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- Investors appreciate hearing about a new CEO’s strategic vision, and they respond by bidding up the stock price.February 16, 2017 by Matt Palmquist
- Profit warnings not only hurt a company’s domestic rivals, but also international competitors, and can cause industry-wide investor skittishness.December 22, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- When a company chooses to hold its shareholder meeting in a distant location or at an odd time, executives might be trying to avoid revealing bad news.September 8, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- A large proportion of shareholder proposals contested by firms receive support from other investors when put to a vote.July 28, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Outside investors have their megaphones. But insiders have a more powerful tool for creating value: deep knowledge of their business and customers.
- Predicting a startup’s success before the venture is even launched may seem impossible. But entrepreneurs and investors should never overlook the value of assessing the basic concept behind the business.December 3, 2015 by Matt Palmquist
All articles tagged: investors
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Leslie H. Moeller, Nicholas Hodson, and Martina Sangin
- by Theodore Kinni
- by Khalil Smith