- Crisis creates business opportunities. This time, M&A activity will lead the way, and buyers will be in the driver’s seat.
- April 14, 2020 by Olwyn AlexanderThe environment and other aspects of sustainability are becoming top concerns for investment CEOs and their clients.
- Focus on intrinsic value, not share price, to surpass investor expectations.
- September 27, 2017 by Matt PalmquistAlthough crowdfunding has been hailed as a brilliant new tool for edgy entrepreneurs, Internet investors tend to back safer, less groundbreaking products.
- April 19, 2017 by Matt PalmquistYoung firms are valued significantly higher and attract more financing after their founders relinquish some power.
- February 16, 2017 by Matt PalmquistInvestors appreciate hearing about a new CEO’s strategic vision, and they respond by bidding up the stock price.
- December 22, 2016 by Matt PalmquistProfit warnings not only hurt a company’s domestic rivals, but also international competitors, and can cause industry-wide investor skittishness.
- September 8, 2016 by Matt PalmquistWhen a company chooses to hold its shareholder meeting in a distant location or at an odd time, executives might be trying to avoid revealing bad news.
- July 28, 2016 by Matt PalmquistA large proportion of shareholder proposals contested by firms receive support from other investors when put to a vote.
- Outside investors have their megaphones. But insiders have a more powerful tool for creating value: deep knowledge of their business and customers.
- December 3, 2015 by Matt PalmquistPredicting a startup’s success before the venture is even launched may seem impossible. But entrepreneurs and investors should never overlook the value of assessing the basic concept behind the business.
All articles tagged: investors
- 1.Superhuman resources: How HR leaders have redefined their C-suite role
- 2.Why business leaders should try thinking like a comedian
- 3.Empathy: The glue we need to fix a fractured world
- 4.Meet modern compliance: Using AI and data to manage business risk better
- 5.Get your company in shape by redefining how people work
Videos, Galleries, & More
An integrated approach to city resilience and how urban leaders can better prepare for natural and human catastrophes.