- Analysis from the Global Innovation Index suggests that R&D spending will hold steady — or even increase — in the post-pandemic world.
- Leading global utilities are using R&D and innovation to advance their market competitiveness — but investment levels remain low.
- April 24, 2019 by Deborah UngerEconomist Mariana Mazzucato explains how solving society’s toughest problems starts with rethinking how value is created and innovation is incentivized.
- With careful attention to six key areas, companies can make the most of their R&D investment and outpace the competition.
- October 30, 2018Explore the companies that made the 2007, 2012, and 2017 high-leverage innovator lists with our interactive tool. For further insight, see What the Top Innovators Get Right.
- April 13, 2018 by Deborah UngerThe “head magician” at Katjes Magic Candy Factory talks about custom candy, serial entrepreneurship, technology, and the growing pains of startups.
- The flow of talent, investment, and ideas that has boosted companies’ global R&D efforts may soon be impeded by the rise of economic nationalism.
- July 26, 2017 by Jeffrey RothfederDiscoveries surrounding a new class of impossibly small and improbably powerful compounds could reshape the materials industry — and the world around us.
- Investment in agricultural R&D is essential to feeding the world’s growing population.
- June 14, 2017 by Barry JaruzelskiA new survey examines how political and economic shifts can affect corporate innovation.
- June 15, 2016 by Barry JaruzelskiA new survey examines trends in R&D spending.
- April 28, 2016 by Matt PalmquistLarge U.S. firms react to competition from high-quality foreign importers by investing more in their own R&D efforts and producing more patents.
- March 3, 2016 by Matt PalmquistA study describes how companies can adopt a flexible innovation strategy that is responsive to changes in rapidly shifting markets.
- Pioneering companies in mature economies are learning from emerging market companies a new way to expand their businesses.
- Asia is now the top regional destination for R&D spending, followed by North America and Europe. See also Interactive: Where Companies Spend Their R&D Money.
- Comparing R&D spending in 2007 and 2015 reveals the new geography of innovation. See also “Innovation’s New World Order.”
- September 10, 2015 by Matt PalmquistFirms on the forefront of innovation often concentrate on introducing new products to younger consumers, but an aging population gives companies fresh opportunities as well.
- June 18, 2015 by Matt PalmquistWhen it comes to corporate multiculturalism, it’s the relationship between an ethnically diverse board and its CEO that makes the biggest difference for leading firms.
- The best R&D is kept separate from strategic planning, but is closely linked to strategy.
- May 11, 2015Oil-field services companies, which invent the technologies used to drill for oil and gas, have reaped the rewards of an intense focus on innovation.
- May 7, 2015 by Matt PalmquistYour next innovation breakthrough probably won’t come from social media.
- The secret to sustainable expansion is to stop chasing growth; instead, build an engine that delivers it.
- February 23, 2015 by Lisa BodellAnswer these 10 questions to focus your energy and resources this year.
- November 24, 2014 by Jason JenningsJason Jennings, author of The Reinventors, introduces a lesson in leveraging existing capabilities from How to Kill a Unicorn, by Mark Payne.
- October 28, 2014 by Robert VaughanBehind the hype of peer-to-peer economics is a quiet B2B revolution.
All articles tagged: research and development
|Page 1 2 3 4||Next >|
More PwC insights
Four fault lines show a fracturing among global consumers.