- In boardroom discussions, the focus should be on how strategies today can help predict behaviors tomorrow.
- March 2, 2021 by Theodore KinniIn Making Great Strategy, Stanford b-school professors Jesper Sørensen and Glenn Carroll bridge the gap between abstract strategic visions and executable plans.
- January 21, 2021 by David LancefieldA modern strategy that works will require leaders to learn new skills and apply new tools. Here’s a primer for a refreshed approach.
- Defining a company begins by looking at what it produces and sells, not at what enables it to do so.
- March 4, 2020 by Eric J. McNultyUnderstanding the world around you can be difficult if you’re constrained by traditional thinking. New approaches to knowledge can help.
- December 23, 2019 by Adam BryantLeaders can gain clarity by using January to simplify operations and focus on desired outcomes for the coming year.
- Understanding how specialist companies succeed can help all leaders learn ways to stick to their strategies.
- March 21, 2019 by Ken FavaroThe right time frame for a strategy depends on what its implementation will require.
- January 15, 2019Four ways to help your CSO create value. For more insight, see the 2018 Chief Strategy Officer Benchmarking Study from Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business.
- Empowering the CSO and restoring strategy to the front line is imperative in a challenging environment. See also “How to Refocus the role of the Chief Strategy Officer into a Competitive Advantage.”
- Even the best digital fixes sometimes fail, but focusing on nontechnical factors can ensure your investment pays off.
- Customer segmentation is not just a revenue tool, but also a way to achieve excellence in execution.
- Typical crisis planning focuses on specific potential shocks. But how do you prepare for an unforeseen “asymmetric” threat — one that comes out of nowhere, with no rule book to follow?
- June 27, 2018 by Liz SweigartWith tax rules changing and interest rates set to rise globally, companies need to organize their operations around a new value equation.
- January 17, 2018 by John JullensMultinationals need to prepare for a range of contingencies to protect their Chinese interests and operations.
- Demand sensing is a key element of a real-time, connected supply chain ecosystem and can kick-start digital transformation.
- November 2, 2017 by Marissa MichelWithout strategic guidance, corporate crisis response efforts may not be sustainable.
- August 24, 2017 by Matt PalmquistAs business and technology strategies become more integrated, companies need an IT manager who can watch the bottom line and communicate, as well as do the hard coding.
- January 31, 2017 by Ken FavaroShaping strategy should be an ongoing team effort of the CEO and directors, not just an annual exercise.
- Companies need a clear and complete view of how their digital transformations are progressing.
- December 22, 2016 by Ken FavaroYour strategic planning process and annual off-sites may be holding your directors back.
- When it comes to the autonomous ride-hailing battle, no single player has all the capabilities necessary to succeed.
- The service sector needs to break away from old manufacturing-oriented habits and build great consumer experiences into every facet of its business model.
- While automakers pour millions into winning the autonomous vehicle race, they run the risk of ignoring the more imminent threats that could sink them before the technology becomes pervasive.
- September 9, 2016 by Eric J. McNultyThe attacks have changed business thinking and practice around disaster preparedness.
All articles tagged: strategic planning
|Page 1 2||Next >|
Saving to your library.
The item has been saved. Click here to access your saved items, or click the “X” to go back to the article.
There was an error