- In his new book, Futureproof, Kevin Roose provides useful advice for humans on life amid rampant automation.
- March 9, 2021 by Jad HajjGroup CEO Nasser Al-Nasser explains how the company’s digital strategy has helped it meet customers’ urgent needs and reveal new opportunities for growth.
- March 4, 2021 by Deepali SrivastavaIn his new book, the Microsoft cofounder argues that doubling down on innovation can move the world closer to net-zero emissions.
- COVID-19 has highlighted the importance of keeping patients, families, and caregivers informed and connected, and of valuing them as co-creators in building the future of healthcare delivery.
- January 25, 2021 by Kevin ManeyCOVID-19 has ushered in an era in sports watching that will be more interactive and creative in blending real-life and virtual experiences.
- December 21, 2020Running a company in a pandemic-impacted world, the trouble with “managers,” and more of the most read stories this year.
- November 24, 2020 by Kevin ManeyThe league’s success in Florida shows how the spread of COVID-19 can be controlled by tracking data from digital health devices.
- November 9, 2020 by James SurowieckiFailure and the root of invention
- November 9, 2020 by Bethany McLeanGunning for history
- Bringing together business, technology, and experience can help you outlast and outperform the competition.
- October 13, 2020 by Josh LevsWith offices and schools closed in many areas, companies can help their employees with children by providing a few key benefits.
- A new study finds that VR-led soft-skills training can be engaging, fast, and cost-effective.
- September 10, 2020How to build a world-class data and insights capability in the post–COVID-19 world.
- Focus on six organizational elements to build a world-class data and insights capability in the post–COVID-19 world.
- August 17, 2020 by Myles MellorGet ready to put your knowledge of all things business to the test with a puzzle celebrating our 25th anniversary.
- Companies that prioritize innovation and care in redesigning customer experiences will be best positioned to stay ahead of shifting consumer preferences.
- June 19, 2020 by Kevin ManeyCOVID-19 has revealed ways in which existing technologies might be applied to help us avoid germs and contain future outbreaks of disease.
- How to design and pull off effective remote meetings.
- In times of crisis and recovery, a strategic approach to compliance can build trust and create value for customers, stakeholders, and society at large.
- May 20, 2020Organizations that shift compliance from a cost of doing business to a position of strategic value can generate significant competitive and cost advantage, and build trust. For more insight, see www.pwc.com/compliance-transformed.
- May 7, 2020 by Kevin ManeyTechnology was already pushing mass markets and production to become more personalized and distributed, and the novel coronavirus is accelerating the shift.
- April 27, 2020 by Daniel AkstElizabeth Gaskell’s Victorian-era novel North and South has a great deal to teach us about the enduring tensions between progress and prosperity, industry and labor, and rural and urban life.
- April 1, 2020 by Bobbie van der ListArthur Huang, CEO of Miniwiz, wants to build a circular economy by changing people’s minds about the value of trash.
- Defining a company begins by looking at what it produces and sells, not at what enables it to do so.
- February 12, 2020 by Vicki Huff EckertThe right strategy will allow businesses to take advantage of the value that e-commerce platform providers can offer.
All articles tagged: technology
|Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 …||Next >|
Recommended by Strategy&
Take this short survey to shed light on the leadership characteristics that will propel your organization to success.