Booz & Company’s annual study shows that spending more on R&D won’t drive results. The most crucial factors are strategic alignment and a culture that supports innovation.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Issue 65, Winter 2011
In this issue
Resetting the Cost Structure at Shell, A Moore’s Law for Renewable Energy, The Thought Leader Interview: Meg Wheatley, and More
- Increasing capacity per dollar in computer technology has driven exponential growth for 50 years. The same could happen in the energy industry.
- Dazong Wang, CEO of one of China’s largest automakers, discusses how auto companies will keep pace with Chinese consumers’ appetite for cars.
- Financial institutions need new strategies — to rethink portfolios, customer-centricity, and risk — for the neglected side of their balance sheets.
- As the ability to gather sophisticated data grows, here’s a four-step process for making segmentation drive improved performance.
- How upstream companies can hedge the risks from demand cycles.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.10 Principles of Change Management
- 2.A Good Barrel for Bad Apples in Business
- 3.Paychecks with a Purpose
- 4.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 5.Best Business Books 2015
- 6.Why Business Books Still Speak Volumes
- 7.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 8.Role Model Behavior
- 9.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 10.The Fortune 500 Teller