In Lead Yourself First, Raymond Kethledge and Michael Erwin explore how solitude nurtures clarity, creativity, emotional balance, and moral courage.
- SlideshowA selection of books perfect for your commute — or the beach.
- Chess champion Garry Kasparov replays his historic loss to Deep Blue to illuminate the potential of AI.
- In his new book, Daniel McGinn investigates the ways people prepare themselves to perform, taking us beyond the clichés of yoga poses, centering exercises, and nap rooms.
- In a new memoir, Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck recalls her career and her evolution into an entrepreneur and advocate for women in the workplace.
- In his new book, Mistreated, former Permanente Medical Group CEO Robert Pearl diagnoses the woes afflicting one of the country’s largest industries.
- Public policy professor Philip Auerswald takes on “the Great Man–Machine Debate.”
- Author Kim Scott argues that managers who care personally and challenge their team directly can improve results.
- s+b BlogsThe author of Hooked recommends four books for the leaders of consumer companies seeking to create habit-forming products and services.
- Journalist Dan Ackerman untangles the complicated history of one of the world’s most popular video games.
- Ira M. Millstein, a leading light in corporate governance for decades, makes his case…again.
- s+b BlogsThe author of Emotional Agility recommends four books that leaders can read to better understand and harness their own and others’ emotions.
- Journalist Julian Guthrie tells the story of the Ansari XPrize and of SpaceShipOne’s historic flights.
- Author Tim Wu argues that the Internet’s descent into clickbait and trivia is only the latest chapter in a long history of advertisers grabbing our attention.
- Beyond revenue, customers who are obsessed with a product don’t just provide valuable insight but are a conduit to new markets.
- s+b BlogsA veteran management professor at Cornell University’s ILR School recommends four books that can help leaders hone the ability to achieve their agendas.
- Veteran journalist Joann Lublin chronicles the triumphs and travails of women rising to the C-suite.
- PodcastInterviews with dozens of women who have risen to the C-suite illuminate triumphs, travails, and important lessons.
- s+b BlogsThe executive director of the Institute for the Future calls out books that explore human nature and networks.