Chip and Dan Heath explain how to add defining moments to your customer experience.
- Freek Vermeulen of the London Business School offers contrarian nuggets for innovation-hungry leaders.
- INSEAD professors W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne deliver the navigation chart needed to reach blue oceans.
- In Lead Yourself First, Raymond Kethledge and Michael Erwin explore how solitude nurtures clarity, creativity, emotional balance, and moral courage.
- In his new book, Face Value, Princeton psychologist Alexander Todorov explores our predilection for judging other people by their faces.
- Wharton professor David Robertson defines a “Third Way” of creating new products and services.
- SlideshowA selection of books perfect for your commute — or the beach.
- Chess champion Garry Kasparov replays his historic loss to Deep Blue to illuminate the potential of AI.
- In his new book, Daniel McGinn investigates the ways people prepare themselves to perform, taking us beyond the clichés of yoga poses, centering exercises, and nap rooms.
- In a new memoir, Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck recalls her career and her evolution into an entrepreneur and advocate for women in the workplace.
- In his new book, Mistreated, former Permanente Medical Group CEO Robert Pearl diagnoses the woes afflicting one of the country’s largest industries.