- A review of The Idea Factory, by Jon Gertner.
- Scrambling to shift scant resources in order to meet deadlines can have a chaotic ripple effect.March 30, 2012
- Overflowing with confidence, many leaders turn away from good advice.October 7, 2011
- The use of external partnerships grows increasingly productive over time.September 30, 2011
- Fixed-term contracts encourage R&D and capital expenses, but only up to a point.August 12, 2011
- The CEO of this nimble cosmetics company explains the advantages of a small size and a coherent strategy.June 6, 2011 by James Marino
- An interactive diagnostic test can show you how focused your company’s activities are — with sometimes surprising results.November 8, 2010 by Art Kleiner
- Scientist and scholar Raghunath Mashelkar explains a new model of innovation from India that benefits the world’s poor.
- Proficient product managers communicate well, are technically savvy, and possess strong marketing skills, but also need the authority to manage cross-functional work teams to succeed.July 23, 2010
- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com and author of Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose, introduces a lesson on how to rally employees around a unified plan from Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard, by Chip Heath and Dan Heath.April 30, 2010
- Booz & Company’s Edward Tse believes that, despite the challenges in today’s headlines, companies should take a long-term view when shaping their China strategy.March 22, 2010 by Art Kleiner
- This bedrock U.S. manufacturing sector is facing consolidation, further cutbacks, and renewal.
- In tough times, this venerable mail and documents company boosted not only its R&D spending but the creativity of its approach.October 26, 2009 by David Dobson
- Engendering knowledge and respect of other cultures has become increasingly crucial to ensuring trust among employees in global organizations.August 6, 2009
- Investing abroad can lead to an increase in domestic spending on R&D and salaries.May 14, 2009
- Across nations, corporate culture is a better predictor of a firm’s ability to capitalize on disruptive innovations than factors such as government policy and R&D spending.January 15, 2009
- How corporate leaders can move aggressively to seize new opportunities.
- Corporate venture capital efforts are most successful in firms with strong internal research and development programs.October 16, 2008
- Competitive companies from emerging economies are vying on the same level in mergers with the most powerful corporations in the West.
- Author John Kao diagnoses America’s ills as a continuing loss of innovation capacity. But, he says, there is a way to reverse that trend.October 30, 2007 by Amy Bernstein
- In this interview, historian David Edgerton maintains that we will not fully understand innovation unless we rethink the history of technology and its uses.July 31, 2007 by Edward H. Baker
- May 29, 2007 by Art Kleiner
All articles tagged: research and development
|< Prev||Page 1 2 3 4||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes
Videos, Galleries, & More