In the first interview in this series, which kicks off PwC’s 2018 CEO Survey, chief executive Safra Catz explains the broad culture shift brought on by AI and cloud technologies.
- Six years ago, two executives new to their jobs led the strategic transition that remade McGraw-Hill into S&P Global.
- Among all the articles we’ve published over the last year, here are the ones that drew the most attention.December 23, 2015
- C-suite executives with criminal records in their personal lives are more likely to commit fraud than their law-abiding but free-spending counterparts.November 5, 2015 by Matt Palmquist
- Is it time to add chief operating officers to the list of endangered species?May 4, 2015 by Gary L. Neilson
- Large companies are recruiting an increasing number of top executives with experience in supply chain management. But the financial payoff remains elusive.April 9, 2015 by Matt Palmquist
- When it comes to data thieves, no company is immune. Leaders, here’s how to prepare.February 24, 2015 by Eric J. McNulty
- When you connect the development of your top talent with the needs of your organization, everyone wins—and your best people stay. To assess how well you’re retaining your top talent, take our interactive quiz.February 24, 2014 by Susan Cramm
- From the headlines to the C-suite, big data embodied the height of strategy-as-fashion in 2013.January 8, 2014 by Ken Favaro
- Financial officers tend to overestimate their own abilities to predict the stock market, which can adversely affect their firms.November 27, 2013 by Matt Palmquist
- When it comes to managing a company’s working capital, CFOs must balance the need to stock inventory against the need to provide value for shareholders.October 31, 2013 by Matt Palmquist
- David Farber’s seminal bio of John J. Raskob sets the business context for The Great Gatsby.July 10, 2013 by Theodore Kinni
- Judith E. Glaser, author of Creating WE: Change I-Thinking to We-Thinking and Build a Healthy Thriving Organization, introduces a passage illuminating the drivers of success from Leadership and the Art of Struggle: How Great Leaders Grow through Challenge and Adversity, by Steven Snyder.March 29, 2013
- Pay for performance provides a big incentive for managing analysts’ expectations.August 17, 2012
- A review of Borrow: The American Way of Debt, by Louis Hyman.May 29, 2012 by Robert Hertzberg
- Retention of key managers improves performance after new bonds are formed.May 4, 2012
- In times of great uncertainty, strategic planning must shift from a bureaucratic, linear process to a more targeted approach that is both analytic and creative.
- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com and author of Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose, introduces a lesson on how to rally employees around a unified plan from Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard, by Chip Heath and Dan Heath.April 30, 2010
- Frances Hesselbein, author of Hesselbein on Leadership, introduces a lesson on one of the many pitfalls that leaders must avoid as they prepare to hand over the reins from Succession, by Marshall Goldsmith.November 4, 2009
- November 25, 2008 by Bruce Feirstein
- The world is not facing another Great Depression, says the noted economic historian, but the Federal Reserve is eroding its credibility.November 25, 2008 by Rob Norton
- Research shows that most transformation leaders go unpromoted, unrecognized, and unrewarded. And their companies suffer in the long run.
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act has forced CFOs to be more answerable for their firms’ accounting, and to pay a steep professional price for reporting trouble.July 17, 2008
- On Southwest’s new IT strategy, reputation as a crime deterrent, the value of self-disclosure, customer perception of offshoring, and more.
- It’s time for chief procurement officers to stop relying solely on functional depth and start increasing functional breadth.
All articles tagged: cfo
|Page 1 2||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes