Regardless of their job title, leaders need to be able to connect new technologies to strategy.
- Utilities seeking to expand must be able to negotiate regulatory complexity while planning and executing deals effectively.July 12, 2017 by Todd Jirovec
- The electric vehicle and green energy industries show how rolling out innovations can be delayed in the face of time-consuming obstacles.October 26, 2016 by Daniel Gross
- There’s a reason there are so few examples of large companies fundamentally altering their strategies on the fly — it’s extremely hard.April 13, 2016 by Daniel Gross
- The Canadian telecom giant transformed its business by adopting a clear, stable approach to strategy and culture.August 31, 2015 by John Izzo
- The way we create, use, and manage electricity is finally changing, and the implications go far beyond the utility sector.
- Business leaders in at least 16 sectors are still not fully prepared for the digital transformation of their industries.April 20, 2015 by Jeffrey Rothfeder
- Medicare’s big announcement on payment models is an inflection point in the transition from volume to value.
- Judith Rodin, president of the Rockefeller Foundation, describes how to build the capacity to survive disastrous events.February 9, 2015 by David K. Hurst
- Companies that winningly reposition their brands tend to do so by anticipating market trends and overcoming or minimizing common challenges.December 4, 2014 by Matt Palmquist
- The digital interconnection of billions of devices is today’s most dynamic business opportunity.November 10, 2014 by Frank Burkitt
- Many adjacency moves fail because they’re driven by the wrong motives. But a lot can be learned from those that succeed.March 11, 2014 by Ken Favaro
- Why a popular approach to growth may put your company’s health at risk.January 30, 2014 by Ken Favaro
- As consumers increasingly expect to be able to customize the products they buy, giving them creative control over the assembly process makes them value a product more.December 5, 2013 by Matt Palmquist
- Only in finance is money an end in itself—resulting in behavior that’s less than virtuous.October 18, 2013 by James O'Toole
- How G Adventures’s founder Bruce Poon Tip built a successful business by following his bliss.October 8, 2013 by Theodore Kinni
- The world would be a better place without these terms and phrases.August 23, 2013 by David Silverman
- The modernized grid should revolutionize the way electricity is distributed and used, but its potential hasn’t yet been realized.
- Gil Friend, author of The Truth about Green Business, introduces a passage that debunks sustainability ratings from Flourishing: A Frank Conversation about Sustainability, by John R. Ehrenfeld and Andrew J. Hoffman.August 2, 2013
- According to a new study, the solar industry is slowly stabilizing.
- The key to clean, reliable, and affordable energy, says Southern Company CEO Tom Fanning, is a bold and balanced approach to R&D.
- Understanding the real value of corporate strategy and the head office.April 8, 2013 by Ken Favaro
- Gernot Wagner, an economist with the Environmental Defense Fund, believes business will push for policy change.September 10, 2012 by Rob Norton
- Patterns appear in higher stock volatility, increased capital costs, and a drop in return on assets.June 1, 2012
- A leading solar energy policy advocate explains how this dynamic, rapidly maturing industry can reach its true potential.May 29, 2012 by Laura W. Geller
All articles tagged: utilities
|Page 1 2 3 4||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Steve Barr and Ellen Davis
- by Akshat Dubey and Rakesh Mani
- by Matt Palmquist