- Leading global utilities are using R&D and innovation to advance their market competitiveness — but investment levels remain low.
- Chantelle Abdul grew Mojec International Holdings from a small family-owned business in Nigeria into an energy business that has helped modernize the country’s electricity market. Now, she’s thinking even bigger.May 20, 2020 by Abimbola Banjo
- As the demand for air conditioning grows worldwide, a more energy-efficient approach, already in use in the Gulf countries, offers a potential solution.
- The success of players in an industry that is revolutionizing energy markets depends on getting the strategy right.
- The largest utilities around the globe are placing their bets on winning strategies and capabilities.
- Following these five steps can help established companies update their business models for a new era.November 9, 2018 by Jagoron Mukherjee
- The power landscape is changing quickly, providing new opportunities for both upstarts and traditional utilities.July 23, 2018
- Regardless of their job title, leaders need to be able to connect new technologies to strategy.
- Utilities seeking to expand must be able to negotiate regulatory complexity while planning and executing deals effectively.July 12, 2017 by Todd Jirovec
- The electric vehicle and green energy industries show how rolling out innovations can be delayed in the face of time-consuming obstacles.October 26, 2016 by Daniel Gross
- There’s a reason there are so few examples of large companies fundamentally altering their strategies on the fly — it’s extremely hard.April 13, 2016 by Daniel Gross
- The Canadian telecom giant transformed its business by adopting a clear, stable approach to strategy and culture.August 31, 2015 by John Izzo
- The way we create, use, and manage electricity is finally changing, and the implications go far beyond the utility sector.
- Business leaders in at least 16 sectors are still not fully prepared for the digital transformation of their industries.April 20, 2015 by Jeffrey Rothfeder
- Medicare’s big announcement on payment models is an inflection point in the transition from volume to value.
- Judith Rodin, president of the Rockefeller Foundation, describes how to build the capacity to survive disastrous events.February 9, 2015 by David K. Hurst
- Companies that winningly reposition their brands tend to do so by anticipating market trends and overcoming or minimizing common challenges.December 4, 2014 by Matt Palmquist
- The digital interconnection of billions of devices is today’s most dynamic business opportunity.November 10, 2014 by Frank Burkitt
- Many adjacency moves fail because they’re driven by the wrong motives. But a lot can be learned from those that succeed.March 11, 2014 by Ken Favaro
- Why a popular approach to growth may put your company’s health at risk.January 30, 2014 by Ken Favaro
- As consumers increasingly expect to be able to customize the products they buy, giving them creative control over the assembly process makes them value a product more.December 5, 2013 by Matt Palmquist
- Only in finance is money an end in itself—resulting in behavior that’s less than virtuous.October 18, 2013 by James O'Toole
- How G Adventures’s founder Bruce Poon Tip built a successful business by following his bliss.October 8, 2013 by Theodore Kinni
- The world would be a better place without these terms and phrases.August 23, 2013 by David Silverman
- The modernized grid should revolutionize the way electricity is distributed and used, but its potential hasn’t yet been realized.
All articles tagged: utilities
|Page 1 2 3 4||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes
Videos, Galleries, & More
- Interactiveby Myles Mellor