- Leading global utilities are using R&D and innovation to advance their market competitiveness — but investment levels remain low.
- May 20, 2020 by Abimbola BanjoChantelle Abdul grew Mojec International Holdings from a small family-owned business in Nigeria into an energy business that has helped modernize the country’s electricity market. Now, she’s thinking even bigger.
- As the demand for air conditioning grows worldwide, a more energy-efficient approach, already in use in the Gulf countries, offers a potential solution.
- The success of players in an industry that is revolutionizing energy markets depends on getting the strategy right.
- The largest utilities around the globe are placing their bets on winning strategies and capabilities.
- November 9, 2018 by Jagoron MukherjeeFollowing these five steps can help established companies update their business models for a new era.
- July 23, 2018The power landscape is changing quickly, providing new opportunities for both upstarts and traditional utilities.
- Regardless of their job title, leaders need to be able to connect new technologies to strategy.
- July 12, 2017 by Todd JirovecUtilities seeking to expand must be able to negotiate regulatory complexity while planning and executing deals effectively.
- October 26, 2016 by Daniel GrossThe electric vehicle and green energy industries show how rolling out innovations can be delayed in the face of time-consuming obstacles.
- April 13, 2016 by Daniel GrossThere’s a reason there are so few examples of large companies fundamentally altering their strategies on the fly — it’s extremely hard.
- August 31, 2015 by John IzzoThe Canadian telecom giant transformed its business by adopting a clear, stable approach to strategy and culture.
- The way we create, use, and manage electricity is finally changing, and the implications go far beyond the utility sector.
- April 20, 2015 by Jeffrey RothfederBusiness leaders in at least 16 sectors are still not fully prepared for the digital transformation of their industries.
- Medicare’s big announcement on payment models is an inflection point in the transition from volume to value.
- February 9, 2015 by David K. HurstJudith Rodin, president of the Rockefeller Foundation, describes how to build the capacity to survive disastrous events.
- December 4, 2014 by Matt PalmquistCompanies that winningly reposition their brands tend to do so by anticipating market trends and overcoming or minimizing common challenges.
- November 10, 2014 by Frank BurkittThe digital interconnection of billions of devices is today’s most dynamic business opportunity.
- March 11, 2014 by Ken FavaroMany adjacency moves fail because they’re driven by the wrong motives. But a lot can be learned from those that succeed.
- January 30, 2014 by Ken FavaroWhy a popular approach to growth may put your company’s health at risk.
- December 5, 2013 by Matt PalmquistAs consumers increasingly expect to be able to customize the products they buy, giving them creative control over the assembly process makes them value a product more.
- October 18, 2013 by James O'TooleOnly in finance is money an end in itself—resulting in behavior that’s less than virtuous.
- October 8, 2013 by Theodore KinniHow G Adventures’s founder Bruce Poon Tip built a successful business by following his bliss.
- August 23, 2013 by David SilvermanThe world would be a better place without these terms and phrases.
- The modernized grid should revolutionize the way electricity is distributed and used, but its potential hasn’t yet been realized.
All articles tagged: utilities
|Page 1 2 3 4||Next >|
More PwC insights
And what it will look like on the ground.