One of the largest commodity exchanges has started offering futures contracts on the cryptocurrency.
- The Platform Competition
- s+b BlogsSpace tourism and self-driving cars are exciting to ponder, but what about just making our current systems work better?
- s+b BlogsArtificial intelligence may learn to track predispositions and personality traits, turning our inner personalities into a detectible second skin.
- Larry Smarr has become a vital conductor of innovation by insisting that scientists and researchers at the incubators he runs collaborate across the lines that separate disciplines.
- Resist the urge to react too hastily to major change — or to use it as an excuse not to take action. Focus instead on making the fundamental strategic choices necessary to strengthen your business. See also “Disruptors and the Disrupted: A Tale of Eight Companies — in Pictures.”
- SlideshowThe fear of disruption is often exaggerated. In reality, organizations that are threatened by new technologies and new players usually have more time than they realize to craft an effective response. For further insights, read “The Fear of Disruption Can Be More Damaging than Actual Disruption.”
- s+b BlogsLeaders can encourage their organizations to construct their own futures by empowering internal iconoclasts and establishing a sense of urgency.
- s+b BlogsWhile central banks puzzle about the lack of inflation, the e-commerce giant’s swift move to slash prices at Whole Foods shows how business is keeping prices down.
- s+b BlogsAs business and technology strategies become more integrated, companies need an IT manager who can watch the bottom line and communicate, as well as do the hard coding.
- s+b BlogsA small but growing number of retailers and restaurants are experimenting with selling their wares through unstaffed kiosks, often linked to apps and e-payment systems.
- As the global defense industry embraces digital technology, it is creating a new type of warfare with different winners and losers.
- s+b BlogsAligning technological investments with business goals and understanding how they affect real users helps ensure a greater return on investment.
- Discoveries surrounding a new class of impossibly small and improbably powerful compounds could reshape the materials industry — and the world around us.
- s+b BlogsIt’s too simplistic to view advances in automation as inspiring either sadness or euphoria.
- s+b BlogsThis month’s closure of a burrito shop for possible norovirus shows how vulnerable a company’s image is in the digital age.
- Chess champion Garry Kasparov replays his historic loss to Deep Blue to illuminate the potential of AI.
- The financial world is about to learn a new kind of proficiency with “frictionless” digital transactions.
- As Amazon and Walmart disrupt the grocery industry, smart retailers can compete by plying their wares in a technologically enabled way.