For established firms, acquiring a digital startup comes with promise and pitfalls.
- Digital tools can enhance the customer experience, but won’t replace people.
- Business and government should regard the rules as an operating system: a platform, updated collaboratively, that encourages innovation and the common good.
- s+b BlogsHigh-profile companies that frequently use consumer data are targets, and negative effects linger for years.
- When you know the probabilities of future events, including your own processes, you can hedge their risks in more strategic ways.
- Developing new sources of income is a vital strategic imperative.
- Building strategy at a newly spun-off company means moving quickly to reset expectations.
- E-sports evolved from a hobby into an obsession, into a business — and now it is a full-fledged entertainment industry.
- People want more human touch in their shopping experiences, but in this increasingly digital, automated world, how can brands deliver?
- PwC’s seventh annual global survey of consumers suggests that the next major retail industry battle will be over control of everyday routines.
- Valentin Stalf, chief executive of German financial-services startup N26, wants banking to be like music downloading.
- Digital LeadershipThe chair of a foundation dedicated to safeguarding personal information online believes blockchain is the answer.
- The world’s largest and fastest-growing home appliance company has always moved ahead of technological change. Now, as it enters a world of sensors and artificial intelligence, it is shifting the way it does business yet again.
- Leaders must act quickly to overcome obstacles so they can harness revenue opportunities for the industry and health benefits for society.
- Businesses need to grow their behavior, cognitive, and network capital to create and capture value that competitors can’t dislodge.
- s+b BlogsYour entire organization needs the right skills to make the most of the digital future and its emerging technologies — and that begins with your senior leaders.
- s+b BlogsHow I liberated myself from points and why it matters to your company.
- A new global megaproject, unparalleled in scope and ambition, presents vast opportunities and risks for multinationals.
- In the first interview in this series, which kicks off PwC’s 2018 CEO Survey, chief executive Safra Catz explains the broad culture shift brought on by AI and cloud technologies.