The economic growth of nations is linked to one factor: adoption of information and communications technology.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Issue 68, Autumn 2012
In this issue
The Social Life of Brands, The Thought Leader Interview: Douglas Conant, Managing in a Multipolar World, and More
- The top 50 companies providing IT and telecom hardware, software, and services are facing dramatic change and convergence. Their response will transform life for the rest of us.
- How an unusual management technique inspires business teams to envision — and achieve — breakthrough results.
- Why global companies need to rethink their operating models.
- As CEO of a public company, Mark Zuckerberg needs to engage his board in developing the next generation of leaders.
- Thinking about your company as an ecosystem yields lessons for innovation, growth, and renewal.
- A survey of senior marketers reveals three capabilities for building better online consumer relationships.
- Entrepreneur Jim McCarthy on why online innovations succeed — or fail.
- To corporate leaders, this year’s economic crisis is a sign that a more unified Europe is a solution, not a problem.
- Even amid ongoing tensions, Middle East leaders must maintain their commitment to economic reform.
- Partnerships between business and education have a place in solving the talent gap, but not in the way most executives expect.
Books in Brief
- A review of Turing’s Cathedral, by George Dyson.
- A review of Hannibal and Me, by Andreas Kluth.
- A review of Reverse Innovation, by Vijay Govindarajan and Chris Trimble.
- A review of Standing on the Sun, by Christopher Meyer with Julia Kirby.
- In cutting down on risky investments, the VC industry is both curbing its upside potential and shortchanging startups.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.10 Principles of Change Management
- 2.Paychecks with a Purpose
- 3.Why Pictures are Worth a Thousand Words
- 4.Why Business Books Still Speak Volumes
- 5.The Fortune 500 Teller
- 6.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 7.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 8.Why China’s Stock Market Crisis Spread
- 9.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 10.Role Model Behavior