Amy Edmondson describes three steps leaders can take to create psychological safety, the prerequisite for greater innovation and growth.
Organizations & People
- s+b BlogsTraditional HR practices won’t suffice when firms seek to attract the sometimes quirky, and always necessary, idea people.
- s+b BlogsIn companies with analytical cultures, employees are prone to rejecting change initiatives as “too squishy.” Tweaking the action plan can lead to success.
- As a business shapes its public reputation, hidden conflicts can undermine its effectiveness.
- The story of how one organization helped the chronically homeless demonstrates the inherent value of observation, empathy, and perseverance.
- s+b BlogsThe surprising ways machine learning can pick up when we fail.
- s+b BlogsMake sure the attorneys you bring on board will be able to meet your company’s unique needs.
- s+b BlogsBut recruiting talent from beyond the European Union may be a solution.
- s+b BlogsBy recognizing the counterproductive thoughts and behaviors that cause you to silence yourself, you can stay visible to your team and give your people more reasons to follow you.
- GMOThree new kinds of capital give companies a new source of leverage and power.
- s+b BlogsWaiting to make a choice can lead to more effective outcomes.
- VideoGMOFour building blocks that are essential to every major change effort. For more insights, visit pwc.com/transformation.
- s+b BlogsEmployees who know what their bosses earn work harder, but the opposite is true if their colleague’s paycheck is bigger.
- Listen to the specialists on your board and adopt “qualified consensus” for decision making.
- InteractiveThey’re outdated, inaccurate, misleading, or simply eye-roll inducing. For more insight, read “How the Right Business Language Can Catalyze Change.”
- s+b BlogsLeaders need to use great care when choosing the words that shape companies, industries, and societies. See also “Banish These Words from the Business Lexicon.”
- GMOHow to lead the disruption of your own enterprise. See also “A Guide for Designing a Successful Corporate Transformation.”