Booz & Company’s annual study of R&D spending reveals the tools that are transforming innovation – from customer insight to product launch. See also our interactive graphic, The Digital Tool Landscape.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Issue 73, Winter 2013
In this issue
Are You Your Employees’ Worst Enemy, Why Eric Ries Likes Management, A Skeptic’s Guide to 3D Printing, and More
Are You Caught in the Hindrance Trap?Complete this interactive assessment to find out.
In Conversation: Eric Ries on How to be Entrepreneurial inside a Big CompanyIn the first video interview of this five-part series, Eric Ries, author of The Lean Startup, tells Paul Michelman, executive editor at strategy+business, that entrepreneurs exist everywhere—and discusses what that means for innovation at big companies.
- View a slideshow of our picks for the Best Business Books of 2013 in seven categories.
- Traditional retailers can outshine their online competitors in the distribution game.
- Companies that link complementary partners, like dating sites or online auctions, can dominate for years or be swept away in an instant.
- How the science of social transmission will help your brand catch on—and why tweeting alone is not enough.
- The modernized grid should revolutionize the way electricity is distributed and used, but its potential hasn’t yet been realized.
- Executives, officials, and managers should have to earn the title of “leader,” not just expect to receive it.
- Chinese companies’ total exports are now roughly equal to that of foreign companies operating in China.
- Borrowing clout gives large companies an edge in a financial crisis.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Enterprise Architecture Planning 2.0
- 2.Siemens CEO Joe Kaeser on the Next Industrial Revolution
- 3.Creating a Strategy That Works
- 4.10 Principles of Change Management
- 5.Why We Love Tough-Love Managers
- 6.Leave the Airlines Alone
- 7.Why Distinctive Customer Targeting Is a Smart Strategy
- 8.Why It Makes Sense for Managers to Go Slow to Go Fast
- 9.Danaher’s Instruments of Change
- 10.Not So Great Expectations for Japan