Issue 77, Winter 2014
In this issue
A Strategist’s Guide to the Internet of Things, Best Business Books 2014, China’s Philosopher-CEO Zhang Ruimin, and More
- Ten years of research reveal the best R&D strategies for the decade ahead.
- Our annual review of the year’s best business books. Strategy: To the Nimble Go the Spoils, Marketing: Brand Diving, Executive Self-Improvement: The Human Factor, Organizational Culture: The Nothing That’s Everything, Innovation: Greasing the Skids of Invention, Sustainability: Tomorrow’s Bottom Line, Economics: All Things Being Unequal
- National leaders, such as India’s new prime minister, Narendra Modi, can make or break their country’s business climate.
- Behind the hype of peer-to-peer economics is a quiet B2B revolution.
- How skilled return migrants can be your company’s agents of change.
- Traditional entertainment companies are buying up new multichannel networks in pursuit of online audiences.
- Revenues go up, but so do costs — and even with overhead cuts, company leaders don’t see the expected benefits of scale.
- s+b BlogsYour own employees may pose a bigger IT hazard than outside threats.