Start using it instead — to reinforce and build the new behaviors that will give you the high-performance company you want.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Issue 62, Spring 2011
In this issue
The Rise of Generation C, Stan Ovshinsky’s Solar Revolution, Using Influence to Get Things Done, and More
- With a little knowledge of neuroscience, reframing behavior can be the essence of organizational change.
- The secret to profitability on the Internet has finally arrived in an innovative blend of social media, Web mobility, and creative e-commerce applications.
- Edgar Schein, MIT’s sage of organizational culture, explains why the quest for accountability should start with interdependence.
- New research revealing a disparity between what shoppers say and what they do debunks the myth of the ethical consumer.
- Convincing senior management colleagues to follow your lead requires a blend of skills that add up to influential competence.
- As smartphones change shopping, merchants face a stark choice: Fall in behind their newly enabled consumers or fall behind altogether.
- How one of the world’s most innovative companies discovered the value of focusing its R&D attention on its own business practices.
- An analysis of attitudes and spending reveals a return to traditional values, driven by consumers searching for quality, affordability, and connection.
- The former chairman of the board of France Télécom says telecommunications companies must outpace — or be inundated by — the coming explosion in data traffic.
- Some executives and scientists are calling for a radical rethinking of chemicals, cars, farms, and our future.
- A review of Power, by Jeffrey Pfeffer.
- A review of The Wall Street Journal Essential Guide to Management, by Alan Murray.
- A review of Driven to Lead, by Paul R. Lawrence.
- A review of The Shallows, by Nicholas G. Carr.
- In a soft economy, collaborative negotiation may be the winning strategy.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Millennials Play the Long Game
- 2.Help, I Need Somebody (at the Office)
- 3.Who Are Your High-Potential Employees?
- 4.20 Questions for Business Leaders
- 5.The Future of Management Is Teal
- 6.The Key to Greece’s Recovery? Strategic Management
- 7.Aqua Culture
- 8.10 Principles of Change Management
- 9.A Blueprint for Forays into Emerging Markets
- 10.Leaps in Perspective