Issue 87, Summer 2017
In this issue
- TechnologyAs the conceptual side of computer science becomes practical and relevant to business, companies must decide what type of AI role they should play.
- Thought LeadersShelly Palmer, one of the world's leading digital-technology commentators, talks about the evolution of the entertainment and media industry.
- Marketing, Media & SalesHow technology endowed with creative intelligence changes the way companies generate and distribute content.
- Marketing, Media & SalesThe Pokémon Go craze may have faded, but it provides clues for retailers using technology to engage consumers.
- Consumer ProductsThe best consumer strategies start with knowing where and why people shop for your product.
- Thought LeadersKellogg’s Maryam Kouchaki on understanding — and avoiding — ethical breakdowns.
- Organizations & PeopleHow to bridge the gap between those who champion transformation and those who challenge it.
- HealthcarePutting people at the core is the key to major improvements in financial, performance, regulatory, and quality indicators.
- TechnologyThe right mix of talent, innovation, and experience will help your company master emerging technology.
- Marketing, Media & SalesCapturing the strategic advantages of fan-centric businesses requires functional transformation.
Books in Brief
- Business LiteratureJournalist Dan Ackerman untangles the complicated history of one of the world’s most popular video games.
- Business LiteratureAuthor Kim Scott argues that managers who care personally and challenge their team directly can improve results.
- Young firms are valued significantly higher and attract more financing after their founders relinquish some power.