Issue 106, Spring 2022
- The path to decarbonization is uneven and daunting, but we have the capacity to spur change.
- Business leaders often are tempted to focus on strategy over culture. But the strongest companies take four key actions that deliver the best of both.
- Venture-backed giants are scaling up and transforming markets as varied fintech, electric vehicles, and healthcare.
- GMODespite the wide adoption of the agile method across industries and functions, most companies are barely scratching the surface of its vast potential. Business leaders can change the game by paying careful attention to seven mission-critical factors.
- Tech & innovationOur systems need to channel the rising levels of climate-tech investment into the areas with the greatest potential for decarbonization.
- Tech & innovationShort-burst, virtual collaboration modules can help employees solve problems quickly and creatively.
- Thought leadersThe Nigeria-based fund’s CEO, Tariye Gbadegesin, on the convergence of economic development and climate action.
- Most organizations aren’t getting the support they need from their chief executives on cybersecurity matters. Our research reveals four areas of focus for CEOs looking to change the game.
- Tech & innovationWith the growth of digital streaming, torrid demand for the pop catalogs of yesterday is providing a new means of value creation for the entertainment and media industry.
- Tech & innovationIndia’s identification and digital payments infrastructure can show business and government leaders worldwide how to work together to improve financial inclusion and economic growth.
- Sustainability should not be seen as a cost that must be offset somewhere else. Manufacturers can turn sustainability into a value differentiator by focusing on three areas.
- StrategyLawmakers have big tech in their sights around the globe. Businesses that rely on platform ecosystems need to beware.
Books in Brief
- A new book celebrates the story of mRNA and the triumph of the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Journalist Gillian Tett urges business leaders to look at their world through a different lens.
- In his new history of the financiers who funded some of the world’s biggest companies, Sebastian Mallaby argues that VCs are a force for good.
- Author and columnist Christopher Mims traces the limits of supply chain technology.
Endpage: Recent Research
- The right balance is heavy on follow-through and reliability. Those who have it will go further in life.