Booz & Company’s annual study of R&D spending reveals the tools that are transforming innovation – from customer insight to product launch. See also our interactive graphic, The Digital Tool Landscape.
Issue 73, Winter 2013
In this issue
Are You Your Employees’ Worst Enemy, Why Eric Ries Likes Management, A Skeptic’s Guide to 3D Printing, and More
Are You Caught in the Hindrance Trap?Complete this interactive assessment to find out.
In Conversation: Eric Ries on How to be Entrepreneurial inside a Big CompanyIn the first video interview of this five-part series, Eric Ries, author of The Lean Startup, tells Paul Michelman, executive editor at strategy+business, that entrepreneurs exist everywhere—and discusses what that means for innovation at big companies.
- View a slideshow of our picks for the Best Business Books of 2013 in seven categories.
- Traditional retailers can outshine their online competitors in the distribution game.
- Companies that link complementary partners, like dating sites or online auctions, can dominate for years or be swept away in an instant.
- How the science of social transmission will help your brand catch on—and why tweeting alone is not enough.
- The modernized grid should revolutionize the way electricity is distributed and used, but its potential hasn’t yet been realized.
- Executives, officials, and managers should have to earn the title of “leader,” not just expect to receive it.
- Chinese companies’ total exports are now roughly equal to that of foreign companies operating in China.
- Borrowing clout gives large companies an edge in a financial crisis.